I found this great graphics library for Delphi on Sourceforge. It's called GLScene and it can be found here: (URL) I used GLScene to build a basic preview into my Minifig plugin. As usual, you can get the latest version at my Website: (URL) issues: (...) (22 years ago, 8-Mar-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  New feature at our website: LEGO Picture Captining

Hello all! First, i'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for the 999 votes we have so far for the Minifig Hall of Fame this month!!! It's a huge improvement over last month's 37 votes. We are very happy to announce we have added another (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Scheduled downtime Thursday, March 6, 2003

(...) Unfortunately, this is being postponed until either later today or early next week. There's still one more software issue to resolve on the new hardware. I'll try to make an announcement today if we go forward today, but be prepared for an (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general)

  Call for curator requests

If there are any outstanding curatorship requests, please e-mail me at <todd@lugnet.com> and I'll try to get you set up this weekend after the server upgrade. I set up a couple earlier this week but I think there are still others that managed to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.curators) !

  New Technic Sets & Bulk Discounts on S@H

[DELURK] I've not been keeping a close eye on Lugnet recently, so sorry if any of this has been announced by others already, but I've just spotted the new Technic sets on sale at S@H - at a glance, UK and Germany have them on sale now, so I guess (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce)

  Scheduled downtime Thursday, March 6, 2003

The lugnet.com server will be taken off-line for approximately two hours on Thursday, March 6, 2003 for a software and hardware upgrade. --> Going down at: 10:00AM EST (that's 10 o'clock a.m. New York time) <-- The outage may be as short as one hour (...) (22 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general) !!

  MOTM/SOTM for February 2003

Do I ever hate the cold & flu season..... Anyway, here goes; MOTM is Cale Leiphart's "1949 John Deere Model A". This was actually a tough call. Cale's model tied with Carlos un apellido's Supercar model, so I had to be the tie-breaker. The supercar (...) (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Mega Port Block

Well, people, we face a tragic event... The Cool site of the week could very well be awarded to a megablock website :-( Yes, Port Block Yards and New Pacific, 2 different entries in the poll for the same website (!!!), are actually websites that use (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce)

  New newsgroups for Micro-scale building, Mosaics, and Sculpture

Three new newsgroups in the lugnet.build hierarchy have been created for the focused discussion of specialty building. Micro-scale building (as in "microfig" scale) is coming into its own in a big way, thanks in a large way recently to the efforts (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.admin.nntp) !

  A big day for the Building Instructions Portal

All, Today was a landmark day for the Building Instructions Portal...today we surpassed 100,000 click thrus! (URL) more than 100,000 occasions, a user of the B.I. Portal has searched for an instruction, clicked the link to that instruction, and then (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !

  Coming soon, Free web hosting for MOCs

Over the past few months I've been building a web service that will allow anyone to create their own mini web site for their MOCs. It's free, you can make unlimited pages, there are no annyoing ads or pop-ups, and it's easy -- you don't even need to (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.publish, lugnet.general) !!

  MOC MAGLEV Prototype at BW

Hi, In case you missed it at the diner, or didn't make it to BW '03, (or a BayLTC pizza meeting) Ross showed the prototype Maglev vehicle and short "track" that he and I built. Eric Sophie was kind enough to snap and post a pic of it. Its at: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.fun, lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf) !

  The debut of GLUG!

It is my pleasure to announce the formation of GLUG -- The Game-LEGO User Group. The purpose of GLUG is to facilitate discussion about, and organization of, LEGO-based games of all kinds. This includes the creation of new games, the alteration of (...) (22 years ago, 2-Mar-03, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.admin.general)

  Skeleton is March 2003's Minifig Hall of Famer !!!!!

Oyé Oyé ! For a second month in a row, a castle Minifig is the winner of the Minifig Hall of Fame poll. The skeleton won the poll over Darth Vader and Blacktron 1. www.rotule.qc.ca (in the Minifig Hall of Fame section) To stimulate the voting (only (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.fun) !

  IDOL time draws near: International Day Of Lego

Citizens of LUGnet and non-citizens alike, Having no authority vested in me whatsoever by the Luna Colony Moonbase, or any government on this or any planet, I proudly proclaim again the joyous news: The 18th of March shall be forevermore the (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.announce)

  NCLTC to display at South Hills Mall March 1st and 2nd in Raleigh, NC

This weekend, March 1st and 2nd, the North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) will have our layout on display at the South Hills Mall Model Train Show at South Hills Mall in Raleigh, North Carolina. The Mall is open from 10 AM until 9 PM on Saturday (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  BricksWest™ 2003 Event Coordinator's Report

BricksWest™ 2003 Event Coordinator's Report February 27, 2003 community \com·mu·ni·ty\, n. 1) A group of people having common interests. 2) Similarity or identity: a community of interests. 3) Sharing, participation, and fellowship. I would like to (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickswest) !!

  BricksWest 2003 and 2002 pictures posted

Last year I took hundreds of pics at BricksWest 2002 but never got around to uploading them to the Web for all to see. I didn't want to make the same mistake this year so I did it before the end of February. And while I was at it, I uploaded last (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  NEW Créations Rotule Website : More MOCs, more Posters, Minifig Hall of Fame

We at Créations Rotule are proud to announce that our new website is up and running. (URL) have completely redesigned the website so it's more easy to navigate. New features: Bilingual site : all pages are in both English and French (except for (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.que) !

  NEW Créations Rotule Website : More MOCs, more Posters, Minifig Hall of Fame

We at Créations Rotule are proud to announce that our new website is up and running. We have completely redesigned the website so it's more easy to navigate. New features: Bilingual site : all pages are in both English and French (except for Tarobot (...) (22 years ago, 26-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.mon, lugnet.loc.ca.qc.que)

  Technic Model Renderings

I have been meaning for a while now(about a year) to announce the start of my Lego technic renderings. I have one completed and am in the middle of a second (which I can no longer render because the polycount is too high for my machine to complete!) (...) (22 years ago, 25-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.announce) !

  ozBricks Fans Websites

Hi everybody. Since a lot of LEGO fans have websites under ozBricks, and most of us don't even know of their existence, I made a website that contains a full list of links to those websites. www.ozbricks.net/links It's divided so far to sectors like (...) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics) !!

  Minifig Generator Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.4

Hi all, I thought I'd let everyone one know that I've updated my Minifig Generator for LDDesignPad. New in this version: -Added Hips rotation buttons Now you can rotate the entire upper body of the Minifig with one easy button click. As always, the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Looking for someone to take over the LUG Map...

Unfortunately I really don't have the time needed to keep the LUG Map up to date. There have been several clubs waiting to be included but I just havn't had the time. Having a new infant and a 2 year old tend to take up any free time one has... (...) (22 years ago, 22-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general) !

  A&M Productions name change

In the process of making my software company, A&M Productions, becoming a Limited Liability Corporation (LLC) I need to ensure that the A&M Productions name is being used properly. As such all of my copyright notices on my animations, images, (...) (22 years ago, 21-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce)

  New UK Bricklink store - NinjaBricks!

Just a quick post to advertise my bricklink store NinjaBricks, which opened today. Come and buy lego from me - you know you want to!!! James waferthinninja@hotmail.com NinjaBricks: (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Feb-03, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: FBTB's Coverage of NY Toy Fair 2003

I've just 40 more images from Spidey, Potter, Trains, World City and the cool new Make and Create - enjoy! (URL) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.year.2003, lugnet.announce, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.trains)

  x-post: IDOL is coming...

Greetings, Earth-mortals! I've been working recently (and hopefully for the long term - I want this to be THE ONE) at a job with excellent benefits, among those two paid "floating holidays" where we can choose any day to make our own holiday. We've (...) (22 years ago, 20-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce)

  LEGO Relief Mosaic: PEGASUS

Hi all, Today I completed an all white, Studs Up, 'relief' mosaic of the mythological horse Pegasus: (URL) wrote up an account of it's construction, and any comments or questions are welcome. I hope to take this mosaic as well as several others up (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.announce) !!

  FreeLUG : a new LEGO association in FRANCE

Bonjour a tous (english part after fench). Je me permet d'utiliser le Cross Post pour vous annonce la creation d'une association regroupant les passionnes de LEGO en France. Les statuts ont ete depose la semaine derniere sous le nom de FreeLUG (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.bg, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.cs, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.gr, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.no, lugnet.loc.at, lugnet.loc.pt, lugnet.loc.ch, lugnet.loc.fi, lugnet.loc.ca.qc) !!

  FBTB's Coverage of NY Toy Fair 2003

Tim has finally made it home from snowy New York with 165 images from LEGO's showroom at Toy Fair. Click here for complete coverage: (URL) pics to be uploaded soon. (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.year.2003) !!

  "Virtual LEGO" by Courtney, Bliss, and Herrera, From No Starch Press

Virtual LEGO: The Official LDraw.org Guide to LDraw Tools for Windows by Tim Courtney, Steve Bliss, and Ahui Herrera We are thrilled to have the opportunity to publish this book, targeted for release in May, 2003. LDraw.org will also have an (...) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.books, lugnet.general, lugnet.org, lugnet.announce) !!

  Missing Mania Magazine

I just noticed I am missing the July-August 2002 Mania Magazine and the accompanying Bionicle comic book (#7). Anyone have an extra? Thanks :-) (22 years ago, 17-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce)

  DeSubPart Plugin for LDDesignPad Version 1.0

Here's the first release of the DeSubPart plugin. I've decided to postpone the standalone version for a while. You can download it here: (URL) plugin will inline all the subparts in a model but not any of the parts, official or unofficial. The (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  BimP Downtime

BimP will not be posting any new features for the next few weeks to prepare for the roll-out of the new enhanced BimP 2.0. Details about the new site will be released at a later time. During the conversion, the site will also be experiencing periods (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce) !

  Competition V Press Release

For Immediate Release! [January 30th 2003] Ivy Tech State College and the Evansville Chapter 73 of The Society of Manufacturing Engineers announce the Student Robotics Challenge V titled "The Seeker". This event is a departure from the last (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce)

  MISBI Market Report Jan 2003 Available NOW

This month's MISBI Market Report features 42 pages covering over 5000 sales of more than 985 different sets. Starting with this issue, you will find a new "price movement" column together with colour coded entries, so that you can see at a glance (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  BricksWest™ 2003 Keynote Address Q&A

At events past, Brad Justus, Senior Vice President, LEGO Direct has graciously given attendees unprecedented access to information related to the LEGO hobby. He has presented new and surprising product announcements, and has accepted live questions (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  BricksWest™ 2003 Public Expo : Emergency Update For Attendees

This message is an emergency update regarding the public expo portion of BricksWest. If you are bringing models to display at LEGOLAND, please read this posting. Due to exceptionally heavy local rainfall, the LEGOLAND Grand Pavilion is no longer (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickswest) !!

  Final BricksWest™ 2003 Update...See You In Carlsbad!

Can you believe that it's been an entire year? This is the final official BricksWest posting before I head out to Carlsbad tomorrow morning! I will attempt to head off as many possible last minute questions in this post as I can. By now all (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickswest) !!

  New features at Peeron.com

We've been working on adding a bunch of new features on the Peeron inventory system lately: * Peeron Reports are now available! Now you can see when colors were first introduced, or what is the most common piece in our database of over 2200 LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.db.inv, lugnet.market.auction) !!

  B.I. Portal reaches 300 instructions!

Today was another landmark for the B.I. Portal... we reached 300 uploaded instructions! We are quickly approaching the 400 instruction number...at which time, we will give away a 5563 Model Team Racing Truck! In an ongoing effort to help build and (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Blockheads: Regular People, Amazing Creations

I'm constantly amazed by all the great things people build with LEGO. Our eclectic hobby is a rich and expressive nexus of art, science, and humanity. I've often wished there were a simple way to share this amazement with people outside the hobby. (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.books, lugnet.publish.photography) !!

  NPR Feature on NPR

See the BimP News page for a link to a 30 minute streaming audio NPR story about LEGO Mindstorms. Very interesting stuff! (URL) to Jake McKee for the info! (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce)

  WAMALUG/WAMALTC Greenberg Show Pics, Feb 8-9, 2003

I have posted pics from WAMALUG/LTC's presence at the Greenberg Toy and Train Show in Upper Marlboro, MD this past weekend. Here's the link: (URL) are welcome. PLAY WELL!!!! Mike Harrod WAMALUG WAMALTC (22 years ago, 11-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce)

  First Lego Classics poster ready (at last!)

Hi all, This weekend the first picture for a Lego Classic poster finished rendering. It took some time but the result is very nice. The models are build and the scene is composed by Jan Folkersma. The scene was rendered with LEGO logo on the studs (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  First Lego Classics poster ready (at last!)

Hi all, This weekend the first picture for a Lego Classic poster finished rendering. It took some time but the result is very nice. The models are build and the scene is composed by Jan Folkersma. The scene was rendered with LEGO logo on the studs (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Toy Fair

I'm due into the LEGO showroom early this upcoming Sunday the 16th. Anyone have any specific requests at something they want to see? Let me know and I'll do what I can to accomodate . . . Tim Webmaster, "From Bricks to Bothans" (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce)

  The LDraw Webring Lives!

As you may have read earlier, Tim handed control of the Lego Maniac's Webring over to me. What I did not mention is that he also gave me permission to adopt the LDraw webring as well. I highly encourage anyone with an LDraw related website to join (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.announce)

  Announcing the Aquarium: the new Sea Monkey home.

I was going to wait a while and add more content to this page, but Joe Meno's new MOC got me excited. (URL) the future, I hope to add detailed information regarding Sea Monkey biology, politics, and history. I'm open to any suggestions, so your (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.aquazone) !

  My friend's newly built homepage

Hello, I am Jackie from Hong Kong. My friend, Yicke, who is also from Hong Kong, has built his first lego homepage. Pls go there and have a look. (URL) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce) !

  new lego group in la

Ive posted this in other forums before but here it goes I am starting a lego users group (LALUG) fot NW louisiana Actually anyone from louisiana can join but i would perfer people from NW louisiana. Email me at ejhow4@earthlink.net for details (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce)

  ISCC II voting has begun

Didn't see an announcement anywhere, but it looks like voting has begun for the 2nd annual ISCC: (URL) sure to vote! Take care, Gary (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce) !!

  Unoffical LEGO Event Web Calendar

I've put together a handy calendar of all upcoming LEGO®-related events I could find in North America and Europe. The web-based version is available at this URL: (URL) of Apple's iCal or other iCalendar-compatible software may subscribe via this (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce) !!

  The Brickish Association hits 50!

After being in existence for only three and a half months, the Brickish Association yesterday accepted its 50th membership application. Founded in October 2002, the Association is aimed at building and supporting the community of adult LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Robotics Competition V

[February 6th 2003] Ivy Tech State College and the Evansville Chapter 73 of The Society of Manufacturing Engineers announce the Student Robotics Challenge V titled "The Seeker". This event is a departure from the last competition. "Seeker" will take (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce)

  MOTM/SOTM for January 2003

Hello, Another delay, due to a drive failure. :-( But finally, MOTM goes to Jumpei Mitsui for the model of the Japanese Battleship-YAMATO. I would love to see more details of that one. SOTM to Tore Eriksson for his scene of Lego Play. Hmm.. Lego (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Mickey Mouse

This has been a ongoing project for some time. I first started it last year but it was destroyed when I dropped it during a move from one room to another. It was torn down and the parts used for other projects (red M & M guy and some of the Golden (...) (22 years ago, 3-Feb-03, to lugnet.disney, lugnet.announce, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture)

  The LEGO Maniacs Webring Lives!

Tim Courtney has handed webring management off to me. The Webring is now alive, kicking, and most importantly accepting submissions. if you have a LEGO related website, go here to join: (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish) !

  Show Your Support of STS-107

I would encourage everyone to post a symbol of unity and condolences to the family of STS-107 on their web sites. Let's show our LUGNET and LEGO community support. The STS-107 Patch can be found here: (URL) B. Combs, Publisher Bricks in my Pocket (...) (22 years ago, 1-Feb-03, to lugnet.announce) !!

  LAST DAY TO REGISTER FOR BRICKSWEST™ 2003

Today is the LAST DAY to register for BricksWest 2003! If you've been thinking of whether or not to attend all week, today is the day to decide. Don't pass on this and miss out on all the fun! Remember, BricksWest is run by volunteers as a (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  Minifig Hall of Fame Update !!!!!!

Hello everyone ! I was very busy this monh, so here it comes, a bit late : The Minifig Hall of Fame update you all have been waiting for ! :-) First, There are 2 new Minifigs in the HoF. Majisto and the Pirate Captain won for January and February. (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.castle, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.general) !

  Robot and R/C Competition reminder

BricksWest 2003 is only a few weeks away, and that means *ROBOT COMPETITIONS*! Well at least for some of us. Remember, there will be prizes for all these competitions, so it will be worth your time to enter! Check earlier postings by me or the (...) (22 years ago, 31-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce)

  Philohome site moved...

Hi everybody, I had recently to change my site hosting, it is now available again on (URL) already used this domain name, but it was a simple redirection showing my host address. Thanks to those who had links to my site looking like (URL) to modify (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003

The lugnet.com server will be taken off-line briefly on Friday, January 31 for an operating system software and disk upgrade. The outage may be as short as five minutes or as long as several hours. E-mail delivery is most likely to resume first, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general) !!

  Train Display in Staffordshire this weekend (1st/2nd Feb)

This weekend, on Saturday and Sunday (1st/2nd Feb), Mark Bellis will be displaying his 'scale' model trains built entirely from LEGO, at Staffordshire County Showground. I've posted previously about Mark's trains in the NBLTC discussion group (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce)

  LPub 2.1.0.6 Available

LPub 2.1.0.6 is available at (URL) 2.1.0.6 solves bugs: - flakey installation problems with directory creation and deletion - install directory is now completely cleaned and eliminated - registry is no longer needed for LPub installation information (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce)

  THE OFFICIAL BRICKSWEST™ 2003 ROLL CALL

Greetings BricksWest attendees! This is the official LUGNET BricksWest Attendee Roll Call. As you may know, we do not publish an attendee list for BricksWest, due to privacy issues. However, enough attendees wish to see who else is coming, so I am (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickswest) !

  HoMa's Big Boy

Hi folks, after nearly 12 month of moc-abstinence I started off again and finished my 8-wide model of the Union Pacific Big Boy! I wanted to use the old spoked wheels and the 1/4 panels from droid escape for the boiler. See what it is like at: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce) !!

  Red M&M guy

I think we've all seen this guy before. Red M&M was built from a smaller M&M dispenser we have. Took only about a week to complete. Unsure how many bricks. I hope you enjoy. (URL) (22 years ago, 27-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.build.sculpture)

  BrikWars Superheroes

On January 18th, NELUG had its first BrikWars game featuring superheroes. While I'm still in the process of doing the write-up, I have created a Web site in support of this game. It has the basic storyline along with pics and bios of all the heroes (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.us.nelug) !

  LOUNGE LIZARD KARAOKE AND LAS VEGAS BUFFET - BRICKSWEST™ 2003 SPECIAL DINNER EVENT

BricksWest 2003 attendees will be treated (or tortured) during our special dinner event: Lounge Lizard Karaoke and Las Vegas Buffet! This event is the official launch party for Bricks™ Magazine, the first LEGO® fan magazine ever published... created (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickswest)

  FINAL WEEK TO REGISTER FOR BRICKSWEST™ 2003

Today begins the final seven days to register for BricksWest 2003! If you have been sitting on the fence regarding your attendance, it's time to come on over. We need to pre-register an additional 50 or more attendees to guarantee that our event (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickswest) !

  BRICKSWEST™ 2003: IMPERIAL STAR DESTROYER TIMED BUILD

See the official BricksWest web site for further event details: (URL) we're proud to officially announce the full details of the BricksWest 2003 Imperial Star Destroyer Timed Build competition! At BricksWest, we're assembling a team of up to 20 (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.events.brickswest) !!

  LEGO Theft

Has anyone seen this news yet? (URL) LEGO lost their Stanley Cup replica. (22 years ago, 25-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce) !

  Hoverbike MOC

Here's my MLCad attempt at a hover bike; enjoy! Pre-moderation sneak peeks (beware of text wrapping): (URL) (folder): (URL) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space)

  IndyLUG pictures at Indy January GATS

For everyones enjoyment here are the pictures I took for the show. Also we won 2nd place in the competition. And had tons of good comments by the model railroaders. And it was awsome to see the kids reaction to the LEGO. We were in two papers and (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce)

  Holden Ute construction update

Hi All, My Aussie icon in LEGO, the HZ model Holden Utility, is nearing completion and I have uploaded some new pics showing body, engine, suspension and differential detail. I still need to create a gearbox, steering column and interior when I get (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.announce) !

  Lame Parts Competition - The Prize Winners

My sincerest apologies for the delay in making this announcement. I hope no-one was getting too anxious about it. Anyway, the time has come to announce the winners in the Lame Parts Building Contest. First, Category one, which was decided purely on (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce)

  Starship is Go for Launch!!

Galactic Greetings! You may have seen brief comments in earlier posts about the development of the Starship RPG by-email game (which gives everyone a reason to build more MOCs of brick). As of this morning, the game is ready to take off. The main (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.space)

  Images from SCLTC's Latest Shows!

Pictures of our club's latest shows at Knott's Berry Farm and the San Diego Model Railroad Museum can be found on our redone Gallery section of our website. www.scltc.org/pages/...events.asp To read about our shows, go here: (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.scltc) !!

  MOC: Mini Tie Interceptor CAD and Instructions

My mini TIE Interceptor is now up... www.multiboard.com/~...wmpage.htm LMKWYT! Sincerely Marlon Wuytenburg (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce)

  [rtlToronto] Watch Chris and Calum make fools of themselves

Hey folks, For those of you in the Toronto/Ottawa/Ontario area with access to CHUMcity stations like the Pulse24, NewVR, CityTV, the NewRO (we think), we'll be making an appearance on BreakfastTV, a regional early morning television show, tomorrow (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jan-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.announce)

  Brickish Association @ LEGOland Windsor

Over the weekend of the 4th and 5th of January, the Brickish Association was invited by the LEGO Club to take part in its 'Meet the Modelmakers' event at LEGOland Windsor. Six members of the association displayed their models, helped LEGO Club (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Naboo & Droid Fighter Mini's Take 2! Heres the address!

Doh! I knew I forgot to do something! Heres the address for my Naboo and Droid fighters and instructions! Sorry! www.multiboard.com/~...wmpage.htm Sincerely, Marlon Wuytenburg (22 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce)

  Mini Naboo & Mini Droid Starighters with Instructions!

I finally started using LDRAW and came up with some Star Wars Mini ships. I've made a Naboo fighter and the Droid fighter, and instructions on how to build both. The Droid fighter legs swivel down to walking mode, and the head extends out. LMKWYT!!! (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce)

  [PRESS RELEASE] BRICKSWEST™ 2003 FINAL SCHEDULE POSTED - JUST TWO WEEKS LEFT TO REGISTER!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact Matthew Gerber BrickMedia, LLC Post Office Box 1292 Santa Maria, California 93456-1292 (805) 347-8460 telephone (805) 349-8872 facsimile matthew@brickmedia.com (URL) 2003 FINAL SCHEDULE POSTED - NEW EVENTS ADDED - JUST (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickswest) !

  lsynthcp community development project setup on sourceforge

Hi, I'm happy to announce that lsynthcp, a synthesizer of bendable LEGO/LDraw parts, is now a project on sourceforge. This allows all who are able and motiviated to join in future development of lsynthcp. lsynthcp is an text based ANSI C program, (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce)

  BimP Updates (16 January 2003)

Before listing this week's updates, the BimP crew wants to thank the LUGNET community for making us the LUGNET Cool Site of the Week for January 5-11, 2002. As BimP gets closer to its one year anniversary (coming in February), we have seen many (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce) !

  MISBI Lego Price Guide available NOW!

Hi Folks Announcing www.misbi.com the web's first fully searchable archive of historical prices achieved by MISB and MIB Lego sets on Ebay. Not only can you check previous prices in US Dollars, Euros and Pounds Sterling, but you can also see (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade) !!

  Announcing BrickHeap Wars at BricksWest 2003

There will be three robot competitions held at BricksWest 2003: R/C Off-Road Racing: (URL) Drag Racing: (URL) finally there will be the third installment of BRICKHEAP WARS. BrickHeap Wars is a LEGO Mindstorms competition loosely based on Junk Yard (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.events.brickswest, lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics)

  LPub 2.1.0.5 available

LPub 2.1.0.5 is available at (URL) version of LPub includes new features: Overrides for reflection, ambient and diffuse settings in POV-Files. POV-Ray quality affects building instruction images Parts in part list images no-longer have LEGO logo (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce)

  * LDrawDesignPad LDDP 1.4 released *

Hello! New version is out now. Get it at (URL) ! + = New feature * = Bugfix - = Removed feature Changes since version 1.3 v1.4 01/16/2002 * Fixed some L3P problems with long filenames or -paths * Fixed list of recently used files * Fixed a problem (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev) !

  When a "Trek" fan finds cheap Lego...

...he makes a Klingon K'Tinga-class battlecruiser! (URL) a doubt, the most Basic Trek model I've ever made! :-) PLMKWYT! onedaycnn (sid) (URL) Now why can't I post followups to "lugnet.startrek"? ;-) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce) !

  Alt-universe Parthenon and other MOC's

Howdy all! A few MOC's... nothing great. "Anthenon," aka the Parthenon in another universe: (URL) a Republic Gunship at a thrift store, and here's my alternate model: (URL) finally, a dicey little model I displayed at last year's BrickFest: (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce) !

  Et In Arcadia Lego Resurrected

well thx to kyle keppler and a little effort Et In Arcadia Lego is now back up @ (URL) of you who actually LIKE my stuff feel free to browse around and let me know if anything is still broken. And don't forget to check out all the HallOfFame (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.announce) !

  LSynth 2.0 Available

I'm pleased to announce the internet release of LSynth 2.0, a bendable part synthesizer for the LDraw family of CAD tools. 2.0 synthesizes: Ribbed hoses Flex-System hoses Flexible axles Pneumatic hoses Electric cables Fiber Optic Cables Rubber bands (...) (22 years ago, 14-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact