 Announcements / 1915
1914  |  1916
Subject:
BimP Updates (16 January 2003)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 02:16:43 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Before listing this week's updates, the BimP crew wants to thank the LUGNET
community for making us the LUGNET Cool Site of the Week for January 5-11,
2002.  As BimP gets closer to its one year anniversary (coming in February),
we have seen many cosmetic site changes, feature additions, wonderful model
submissions, our very popular Q&A sessions, our even more popular Toons by
Ton, and amazing support from the LEGO and LUGNET community during the past
year.  A big BimP thanks to all of our readers!

Now on to our "what's new this week" listing.

* A new toon by Ton.  Ton continues to refine his craft and add detail to
his toons.
* TJ has offered a wonderful Beam Joining Tip to our new Tips and Tricks
section.  Have a tip?  Send it to us and we will give you credit.  See our
Tips and Tricks area for more information.
* Jon Palmer continues to amaze us with his K-wing in our Q&A interview.

On the review bench (look for articles later in Q1 and Q2):
* Spybotics. Our first impression is "we like 'em!"
* LEGO Software Power Tools text.  This is the first text providing detailed
information about MLCAD and related software.  It's impressive, but does it
live up to the hype?
* Building Robots with LEGO Mindstorms text. This long over due review will
be coming soon.  You have seen the short recommendation (buy the book!), but
our review will tell you why.

Lastly, because of our up and coming one-year anniversary, we are always
refining our site and our content.  Readers can help us by responding to the
poll found at the following location:

http://pub35.ezboard.com/fbricksinmypocketbimpfrm18.showMessage?topicID=2.topic

As always, we would love to hear your suggestions and recommendations about
past, current, and future features.

Steven B. Combs, Publisher
Bricks in my Pocket (BimP)
http://www.bricksinmypocket.org