 Announcements / 1939
1938  |  1940
Subject:
Scheduled downtime Friday, January 31, 2003
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 23:07:46 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

The lugnet.com server will be taken off-line briefly on Friday, January 31
for an operating system software and disk upgrade.  The outage may be as short
as five minutes or as long as several hours.  E-mail delivery is most likely to
resume first, followed by web service and finally NNTP connections.

This is a major version upgrade to the operating system software running on
the server.  While we don't _expect_ any snafus, please bear with us if the
system is down unexpectedly for an extended period on Friday.

In any event our highest priority is data integrity and completeness.

Thanks,
--Todd