 Administrative / Terms of Use / 492
Re: LUGNET Posting Policy Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:25:46 GMT

  • Repeated abusive language or personal attacks, i.e. bringing more heat than light to a discussion... also known as attacking the person, not the position;

Personally, this is great news, especially after being called “egg-headed”, “stupid”, “pig-headed”, and “ignorant” here on LUGNET. I trust the new rules will be enforced impartially.

Hey Marc,

I see that you have been reading my posts. Any particular reason why you refuse to acknowledge the facts and you refuse to stop insulting both myself, and the admins of CSF and CC?

And to put those quotes in context:

“I respond to every post of theirs with egg-headed nonsense.” - I believe that would be in the first person, therefore I was talking about me.

In responce to the next post: I did not call you ‘stupid.’ I say that actively opposing and insulting new community projects when you have no good reason is ‘stupid.’ And it is.

Then I refered to your comments as “pigheaded” and “ignorant.” I stand by my usage of “ignorant” - because you comments are based on misunderstandings, misconceptions, and false information. I believe that was the very definition of ignorant.

Pigheaded was a bit far, and I apologize for that.

And lastly, if Lar and Kelly (or Kelly and Todd, or Lar and Frank, or any combination of Admins) thought I was out of line they would have felt no hesitation in giving me a timeout. I would gladly accept whatever timeout they felt was necessary because I support the efforts of the TranTeam 100%.

Basically, I think you are a nice guy Marc. You have some valid concerns about community development and the future of Lugnet. But when others disagree with your concerns, you have turned to insults and innuendos in what appears to be an effort to bully them into submission. Classic-Castle and Classic-Space were created because the users wanted something different than Lugnet. There now exists more options for new people to come and fit in. These are all good things, and even if they weren’t good things: The Admins of CC and CSF are putting their hard work and efforts into making the community better, rather than just endlessly insulting and criticising.

-Lenny