 Administrative / Terms of Use / 499
Re: LUGNET Posting Policy Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 07:00:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.admin.terms, Keith Goldman wrote:
   This could be the beginning of the end for me...

“Making disparaging remarks about the personal integrity of others merely to make a point”

So I can’t call Soren Roberts the smelly village idiot, with all the integrity of a back-room pornographer?

“put-downs, condescension, sly remarks, insults, sarcasm, and other un-helpful, selfish behavior”

Sly remarks?..that will not pose a problem because most of my humor is not of a ‘sly nature’. But what about the rapier-like whit of Nick Kappatos or Richard Marchetti? No insults? So I can’t talk about Derek’s mom anymore? But what of the smack, gentlemen, what of the smack?

1) You have some nerve to speak your piece on back-room pornograpers. I know back-room pornographers, sir; you are no back-room pornographer. Too long has the plight of the BRP gone ignored. BRP’s work in our schools, our churches, our institutional learning facilities. While you work in your yellow room on yet another all-gray testament to race riots and drowning hookers, BRP’s are organizing parades, bake-sales, and nursery school car-pools - all for the children. Why, back-room pornographers are even working to make our community a better place, like this guy. Give me BRP’s over Soren Roberts, People Person, anytime.

BRP > SRPP

2) You won’t see me defending smelly village idiots:

SVI = SRPP

3) This just in -- Powersauce is amazing!

4) I don’t know if I like being compared to this Marchetti guy, much less the rapier thing, so let me say this - f*** you, Goldman! F*** you with a wheelbarrow! (How is this wheelbarrow bit covered under the new policy?)

5) It’s weird to think that in the end, with all that’s happened over the past year on Lugnet, it took four guys getting offended at the re-release of Maersk ship to get moderation activated. Say it loud, say it proud - BOATS!

Rapier like a fox, baby.
-nk