 Announcements / 2637
New Users Guide: Call for Volunteers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.faq
Date:
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:20:00 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Dear LUGNET Users,

One of the main goals of the LUGNET Tranisition Team is to make LUGNET more open and friendly to new members of the community. In that spirit, and full-filling my role as Content Coordinator, I am putting together a team of volunteers to help build a New Users Guide.

The New Users Guide will be a concise look at how to use LUGNET, written in a style and language that can be easily understood by people who are new to computers and the internet. Much of the work will be transforming and updating the great resources compiled in .faq and putting them in a place where they can be best used.

To complete the Guide, I’m going to need a team of volunteers to write, edit, proofread, ftx code, html code, etc. So, if you are interested in giving a hand, either reply to this message or send me an email: lenny dot hoffman at lugnet dot com.

Also, I have an idea for fixing the WorldLUG Map, but I need people able to make html image maps and that sort of thing.

Lastly, if there is a piece of LUGNET content that you think needs to be fixed, updated, or if you have any ideas on how to help, please let us know!

-Lenny Hoffman
Content Coordinator for LUGNET
Member #1168

PS. If you have already let me know of your interest in helping, you don’t need to notify me again. ;)