 Administrative / Terms of Use / 495
Re: LUGNET Posting Policy Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:35:08 GMT

In lugnet.admin.terms, Dave Schuler wrote:

   Yeah, now that I think about it, I guess that makes sense. But does a Timeout go on one’s “permanent record?”

I don’t think we have one of those. If we do, I don’t know where it is. If I were pressed to name everyone that ever got a timeout, it would be from memory and incomplete. I don’t know that we need one, though.

   If not, then a 72-hour appeal process wouldn’t be of much use against a 24-hour Timeout. But if a Timeout does remain as a blot on my otherwise meritorious LUGNET record,

I don’t think you have one of those. :-)

   then I’d be willing to initiate the 72-hour appeal to have it expunged.

In any case, thanks to Lar and Lenny for the quick responses.