 Administrative / Terms of Use / 480
Re: LUGNET Posting Policy Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:33:47 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger wrote:

Only repeated egregious violaters (that is, people who use their ability to post
to admin.general to violate the ToS there too, like Richard Marchetti did) will
not be able to post to admin.general.

If someone has not properly updated their mail profile, that is itself a ToS
violation so I don't have a huge amount of sympathy, but unless they're a
repeated violater, posting to admin.general (which they can be sure will always
be allowed, by our process, except as noted) or elsewhere (if it's a limited
restriction) is an approach. A better approach if they are not sure what is
going on is to drop one of us a note from the email address of theirs that
actually works.

If they don't receive a note because of an inadvertant TOS violation (forgetting
to update their email), is there an email address they can contact you
(collectively) on? If so, that email should probably be included on the 441
message page. In fact I'd go so far as to say there SHOULD be such an address,
and it would be remiss NOT to include it on the 441 page. What if their
spamblock eats your notification email?

ROSCO