 Administrative / Terms of Use / 474
Re: LUGNET Posting Policy Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:48:52 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
LUGNET administration has always had the ability to temporarily or
permanently suspend the posting privileges of a user or member. In the past
this has been only very rarely used. The mechanism for doing so was such that
only Todd (or for a time, Suzanne) could easily do so.

<snip>

But whether or not LUGNET has the right to do this or not is not up for
debate. It does, and it will take steps necessary to preserve the environment
here.

{On behalf of the rest of the LUGNET Administration,}¬
[Kelly McKiernan]

I believe that LUGNET should have this right as well.  Almost every other
usergroup or discussion board I read has the ability to ban posts from users or
IPs.  Administrators in some of these other boards do not seem to adhere to a
formal policy, however, and sometimes ban individuals for no apparent real
reason other than the administrator(s) don't like what was posted or the poster.

I believe the people on the transition team have shown themselves to be
concerned users of LUGNET, and have demonstrated over the years an appreciation
for our chosen hobby as well as what is best for this usergroup.

All the best with this ongoing endeavour known as LUGNET.

Dave K