 Administrative / Terms of Use / 507
Re: LUGNET Posting Policy Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.terms
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 02:42:35 GMT

Kelly J. McKiernan wrote:

[snip]

Now for the when.

We could just be flippant and say we know it when we see it... But that's not
very satisfactory. Rather, here are some examples:

* Repeated abusive language or personal attacks, i.e. bringing more heat than
  light to a discussion... also known as attacking the person, not the position;

Is the following reason, really a good reason for discontinuing sn
individual's access? I would have thought that the best way to stop "a
should be dead thread" is by not responding to it. Why not let people
ramble if they are not offending anyone? (Pleaes cc to my e-mail since I
do not follow lugnet.admin.terms.) All of the other reasons seem like
such good reasons for suspending access that this one falls just a bit flat.

* Deliberately prolonging a discussion without adding any new information or
  points of view, when there have been repeated calls that the discussion cease
  unless new information is brought forth;
* Making disparaging remarks about the personal integrity of others merely to
  make a point;
* [Continued] or [excessive] amounts of negative remarks about any person,
  company, or employees (including TLC) without bringing anything new to the
  discussion;
* Excessive profanity (e.g. the "big seven" or anything you wouldn't want a
  child to read);
* Deliberately and egregiously posting off topic, for example spamming theme
  groups with marketing posts after being asked not to do so;
* Other ToS violations.

[snip]

{On behalf of the rest of the LUGNET Administration,}¬
[Kelly McKiernan]