 Off-Topic / Fun / 10955
Re: Announcing Classic-Space Forums
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:44:28 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

A few people recently have IM’d me or emailed me asking what I meant by my post below. I thought I should come out and express bluntly my thoughts.

Basically people are taking personal offense at the creation of CSF. And I think that is simply stupid.

I personally prefer the forum-style of Lugnet, but I’m glad there is a place for spacers to focus their energies and work on making the space community better. Which is exactly what they are doing.

If you disagree with their experiment, then I’d suggest keeping your pig-headed, ignorant comments to yourself. Either express friendly criticism of their effort, or just keep your mouth shut. Especially if you’re going to back up your thoughts with incorrect information. Not every community endeavor needs the approval of everyone.

-Lenny

   This thread has been locked. Please remember to “Respect the Space” in future.

Marc Nelson Jr.
Rank: Sentient Gas Being

Yes hello, I like putting my foot in my own mouth because I don’t like other people. Yeah, sometimes they do stuff that only affects them or their friends, and I feel the need to step in and tell them they are fascist nazis and the have little egos. I accuse them of trying to shut down opinions that are different than their own, and when the rationally refute my points, I respond to every post of theirs with egg-headed nonsense. Why do I do this? Because they disagree with ME of course, and I am RIGHT!!

But on the other hand, I could try to be a normal adult sort of person and say this:

Good luck with the new website guys. I don’t think I will patronize it, but still, I wish you guys the best.

-Lenny