 Administrative / Suggestions / 83
Re: Allow posting & FUT to member email
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 03:13:41 GMT

William R Ward <bill@wards.net> writes:
"Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> writes:
In lugnet.admin.finance, Scott Arthur writes:
In lugnet.admin.finance, Ross Crawford writes:
In lugnet.admin.finance, Larry Pieniazek writes:

FUT /dev/null

or lugnet.bit-bucket???? http://news.lugnet.com/admin/suggestions/?n=20

Why not just allow FUT the posters own e-mail address?

Maybe allow member.nnn in the posting / follow-up fields?

Or even just a "to mail" checkbox for each?

The standard NNTP behavior is to set "Followup-To: poster" in the
header.

I'm doing that on this message, let's see if it works.

Looks like it works just fine (I overrode the followup-to rule in
order to post this message).  If you try to reply to the above message
in NNTP it sends e-mail.  Does it do the same for web and SMTP users?

If so, we've got our answer - put it in the FAQ and call this one
done.

--Bill.