 Administrative / Suggestions / 100
Re: Allow posting & FUT to member email
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 12:51:26 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Dan Boger writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, William R. Ward writes:
However, a *new* issue has arisen as a result of our experimenting with this
feature: the fact that the web interface, unlike most newsreaders, do not
permit you to override it.  As you saw in an earlier message from me, it is
possible to maintain the thread and override the suggestion using a newsreader,
but based on your experience this can not be done through the web interface.

So, the new question is, how should the web interface deal with this?

maybe I'm missing something, but show me again where the web interface is
broken?  I've never had a problem overriding it - but maybe I'm not getting
the problem here?

oh, nevermind, I see it.  I guess we need to add another button in case the
fut is poster, so that you'd have the option to reply-to poster, or via the
web interface, override the entry.  also the newsgroups field in the web
interface should weed out "poster" (and ignore it, I guess), since we don't
want the web interface to be an open relay for mail...

hmmm... does that mean we should disallow FUT set to "lugnet.general,
poster", since the "poster" will be ignored?

ideas?

Dan