 Administrative / Financial / 34
Re: Ideas ready to be shot down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 06:33:11 GMT

In lugnet.admin.finance, Scott Arthur writes:
Ideas ready to be shot down:

1. Perhaps a good start would be to state what is out of the question?
Pop-ups anyone? Banner ads? I could live with the latter.

Banners I could live with, but pop-ups are very bad.  BANG.

3. What about paying-per-post - high posters pay higher fees?

BANG.  Bad idea IMO.  While clearing out a lot of the noise (good thing),
this will in effect make 99% post less, so LUGNET will seem dead most times.
Again, IMO.  BANG. (for good measure)

4. How about charging companies who post their ads here - e.g. DYA in the
past, or LD now?

This doesn't sound too bad.  Right now, it's all free advertising.  One must
think that LD gets a LOT of service out of us LUGNETters, so why not chip in
a bit to keep the community going.

5. How about charging for all market ads - e.g. posts for ebay auctions or
bricklink shops - $10 for 100 anyone?

This also sounds like an interesting idea...same reasons as #4.

6. Is there scope for publishing an AFOL book based on our combined
knowledge? Reviews of themes/sets? Building ideas? MOCs? Reviews of LEGO
related rare objects? Weird LEGO finds and tales?

Now *this* is interesting.  I have absolutely nothing to add to Scott's
initial suggestion other than I like it.

-Chris