 Administrative / Suggestions / 108
Re: Allow posting & FUT to member email
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:06:10 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Dan Boger wrote:

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Dan Boger writes:

hmmm... does that mean we should disallow FUT set to "lugnet.general,
poster", since the "poster" will be ignored?

As an NNTP user, I'd say that poster should be allowed, since it seems to an
NNTP-way of doing things.

I wasn't suggesting we disallow "poster" FUTs, just combinations "newsgroup,
poster" FUTs

Oh, ok.  Sorry I didn't read carefully enough.

- are there any NNTP clients that support that kind of thing?
actually let you reply to the group and the email?

Forté Agent does -- when I went to reply to Ross' early message, I got a
popup window, giving me the options of replying to the post by email,
posting a reply to the newsgroup, or both.

Unfortunately, my MAPI settings are currently broken,[1] so I couldn't
do a thorough test.

--
Steve
1) Netscape 4.7 highjacked MAPI when I installed it (without warning,