 Administrative / Financial / 14
Re: Ideas ready to be shot down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:05:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.finance, Scott Arthur writes:
Ideas ready to be shot down:

1. Perhaps a good start would be to state what is out of the question?
Pop-ups anyone? Banner ads? I could live with the latter.

If LUGNET goes too commercial would there be trademark and copyright issues
with TLC (I was thinking of brickLink)

3. What about paying-per-post - high posters pay higher fees?

If the fee was very low so as to not effect volume (5-10 cents?). There would
be a problem for younger (as in kids and teens) because a parent would be
involved.

4. How about charging companies who post their ads here - e.g. DYA in the
past, or LD now?

See 1

5. How about charging for all market ads - e.g. posts for ebay auctions or
bricklink shops - $10 for 100 anyone?

Would require enforcement to avoid posting to non-market groups and
interpretation of what a market announcement is

6. Is there scope for publishing an AFOL book based on our combined
knowledge? Reviews of themes/sets? Building ideas? MOCs? Reviews of LEGO
related rare objects? Weird LEGO finds and tales?

Excellent idea in general but this would create a significan asset. who would
own it? Creating something like this as a community is a good idea selling it
would be complicated (I am not saying that it is not doable)

Lester