 Administrative / Financial / 13
Re: Ideas ready to be shot down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 17:01:05 GMT

In lugnet.admin.finance, Scott Arthur writes:
Ideas ready to be shot down:

1. Perhaps a good start would be to state what is out of the question?
Pop-ups anyone? Banner ads? I could live with the latter.

Is there real money to be made with banner ads?

2. It may also be good to know what the running costs are right now, and how
this will change if LUGNET grows as planned (I accept this may be
confidential) -  i.e. what is the target??

Always nice to know.

3. What about paying-per-post - high posters pay higher fees?

This would keep the debating and flaming down.

4. How about charging companies who post their ads here - e.g. DYA in the
past, or LD now?

Interesting... but this may discourage LEGO from supporting in other ways.

5. How about charging for all market ads - e.g. posts for ebay auctions or
bricklink shops - $10 for 100 anyone?

I like this one. Would this include posters that have links to there
brickshops in their sigs?

6. Is there scope for publishing an AFOL book based on our combined
knowledge? Reviews of themes/sets? Building ideas? MOCs? Reviews of LEGO
related rare objects? Weird LEGO finds and tales?

Put 12 AFOLs in a room and you will have 13 opinions. That is if we don't
invite you and Larry. <g>

That's it - fire away!

I have seen worse suggestions.

Jude