 Administrative / Suggestions / 90
Re: Allow posting & FUT to member email
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 04:35:22 GMT

In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, William R. Ward writes:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Larry Pieniazek writes:
FUTs are, at the root, suggestions, not mandates. Proper ettiquette suggests
careful use of them, yes, but it is rude to prevent the responder from
setting FUT as he sees fit if he has good reason for doing so.

I agree completely.

But that's not the issue that started all this.  The request was, as the
subject says, to "allow posting & FUT to member email".  This issue is solved
by the use of "Followup-To: poster".

Well arguably it's not solved. No more or less than the problem of 2
termites in your house would be solved by blowing the entire house up,
anyway. (it's late, forgive my poor analogy, but the idea is that the fix
isn't a fix if it's worse than the problem)

The original question has been addressed: you can allow posting & FUT to member
email.  The fact that a bug in the LUGNET web interface has been brought to
light doesn't change that.  It's a new issue.

--Bill.