 Administrative / Financial / 40
Re: Ideas ready to be shot down
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.finance
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 14:47:30 GMT

I'm breaking my resolution here for good reason, I think.

In lugnet.admin.finance, Scott Arthur writes:
This would lead to a LUGNET with more posts by Cary Clark and Frank Filz and
less by... well, by Scott Arthur for one! (and me for another, perhaps...)
That's *got* to be a good thing.

Larry,
The thread you posted in was created by me to help the LUGNET community in a
small way. Until your post I was very happy with the way it had grown.

We differ there only in the impact of one post, it's a good thread. I
seriously posted my suggestion in the spirit of the thread, as a thought
starter. I doubt it would be implemented but think it may spur some positive
thinking in the area. Even if unimplementable it's nevertheless a good idea.

Think out of the box about the idea for a bit before you shoot it down as
being a personal attack on you. Really, you flatter yourself. If you take
the fact that I pointed out that under such a scheme you *and I* would
likely be voted "people that have to pay more than average to post" as a
personal insult, well, that's your issue, not mine. I'm not the only person
who feels you are one of the more annoying posters here, and you are not the
only person who feels that I am one of the more annoying posters here.

I have nothing else to say to you despite your manifold distortions of me
and what I have said at every opportunity, and certainly have no desire
whatever to personally communicate with you. I will now try to return to my
mostlhy kept resolution, which is, for the record (and despite your
deliberate distortion and drive by mudsling recently), "don't respond
directly to Scott's posts on LUGNET", NOT "don't post in .debate".

FUT /dev/null