 Administrative / General / 9976
Re: Charter Links (was Re: Bulk Lego Auctions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 14:42:49 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Thomas Garrison wrote:
But I notice that (at least in Pine) the charter links are more than a
screenful of text below the front of the message. If all I did was
reply with my "x" in the right spot I'd never notice them. In fact, I
bother to check to see if the quoted message in the confirmation
e-mail does look vaguely like what I wrote. . .and I still didn't
notice the charter links until I read your message and went back to
look. Is there some positioning that can make the charter more
obvious?

well, I'm open to suggestions - though I think the message
authentication part is more important... especially after the first time
you post. These links are more to allow you to look up a charter when
you need it, than to force you to read it every time.

Something else that might be helpful would be a link to the
appropriate group charter from the "Before you post" screen when using
the Web interface. Those are dynamically generated anyway, right?

nod, good idea, I'll see what can be done :)

Dan