 Administrative / General / 9975
9974  |  9976
Subject:
Charter Links (was Re: Bulk Lego Auctions)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 7 Jan 2002 21:45:45 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Dan Boger writes:

as promised, it's now in place.  When you get the email confirmation, you
should get links to all the charters of the groups you're posting to.

Yep, it's there, and it's good to have a convenient way to get to charters.

But I notice that (at least in Pine) the charter links are more than a
screenful of text below the front of the message.  If all I did was reply with
my "x" in the right spot I'd never notice them.  In fact, I bother to check to
see if the quoted message in the confirmation e-mail does look vaguely like
what I wrote. . .and I still didn't notice the charter links until I read your
message and went back to look.  Is there some positioning that can make the
charter more obvious?

Something else that might be helpful would be a link to the appropriate group
charter from the "Before you post" screen when using the Web interface.  Those
are dynamically generated anyway, right?

TWS Garrison