 Administrative / General / 9953
Re: Bulk Lego Auctions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 20:16:30 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, William R. Ward writes:

I made this suggestion earlier, but I think it got lost in the noise
so I'll repeat it: what if the confirmation e-mail contained text
asking the user to make sure the message complies with the charter(s)
for the group(s) being posted to, and include a link to the charter
that they can click on to view it?

This was a good suggestion, and needs to be expanded to the web interface:

On the page for posting a message, there could be either the entire text of
the charter for the group being posted/replied to, or at least a link to it.

To cover crossposting, perhaps a message stating (like Bill suggests for the
email) "Please make sure this message complies with the charter(s) for the
group(s) being posted to"...then beef up the "(help:newsgroup names)" link
to be "(help: newsgroup names and charters"), giving the same popup, but
with direct links to the charters for the groups.

I'm trying to think in an intuitive, user interface style, but it might
still be clunky...feel free to pick this suggestion apart to make it better.

Matt