 Administrative / General / 9941
Re: Bulk Lego Auctions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 17:15:01 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:
"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message
A quick look at .announce shows that the group consistently receives
highlighted posts:
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/?n=,-100&v=c

I have also just noticed that 8/10 of the "top stories" are from .announce.

Messages posted to a .announce group show up in the "top stories" much more
quickly than mssages not in an .announce group.  My cynical nature suggests
to me that this is at least partly the reason it is posted to
(inappropriately) so often.

HTH

James