 Administrative / General / 9934
Re: Bulk Lego Auctions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:38:52 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, William R. Ward wrote:
I don't know what the ratios are as to who uses the web vs. nntp
interfaces, but for people using nntp there is no easy way to access
the charter of a newsgroup.

I don't use the NNTP interface, but isn't the first message in each
group it's charter? So if your newsreader supports it, you could just
look at the first message, and see the charter?

Also, if you're trying to look up the charter, I don't think it's a
terrible thing to say you should look where it's posted, on the group
web page. It's not something you need to do often, so I don't think it's
a terrible thing to ask. Just like the posting setup is a web page, and
you can't do that over NNTP either.

Just my .02

Dan