 Administrative / General / 9950
Re: Bulk Lego Auctions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 18:40:18 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Scott Arthur writes:

It's broke, unless the charter is changed.

I'm not so sure. It is all a matter of interpretation. ;)

I'll take Todd's interpretation over yours, thanks.

Hence my cite. You may want to read it. Here it is again for your convenience:

http://news.lugnet.com/admin/general/?n=9908

Now the question of whether the charter SHOULD be changed is a valid one...

But it is a different question from whether some posts to .announce are
currently in violation of the current charter. It's pretty clear to me (and
many others, including Todd, but apparently not you) that they are.

Both those questions are different than the more important questions:
what's to be done to help those who want to conform to the charters but
either don't know what the charters are, don't know that they exist, don't
know how to find them or don't know how to resolve ambiguities that might exist.

Working together to answer THOSE questions for newbies and even old hands to
benefit will help strengthen the community. Some people in this thread are
talking about just that thing and I think I'll confine further discussion on
this to them rather than you.