 Administrative / General / 727
Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 5 Jan 1999 21:30:25 GMT

On Tue, 5 Jan 1999 20:32:50 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

blisses@worldnet.att.net (Steve Bliss) writes:

[...]

What are the arguments again -for- having shopping stuff inside the .market
hierarchy?

Convenience, convenience, convenience.  Not that it should be overrated.

Oh, yeah.  It builds a deeper ng-tree, rather than a wider one.

Deep vs. wide -- do you mean deeper is better than wider?  (Is the "Oh,
yeah" a point or a counter-point?)

Sometimes.  Did someone say "golden mean"?

"Oh, yeah" = "I just remembered what I was thinking of when I wrote
about it originally."

p.s.  I assume that by "wide tree" you mean wide in the classic CS sense --
which actually turns out to mean "tall" in the user-oriented sense.  "Deep"
and "depth" in the classic CS sense map to "wide" and "length" (ng name
length) in the user sense.  (Oh jeez, this is confuzzing...  :)

Yes. To all of that.