 Administrative / General / 715
Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 22:17:34 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lpien@ctp.IWANTNOSPAM.com> writes:

Todd Lehman wrote:

Related question:  Is there a word in the same vein as "specials" that
encompasses all of the following:  (a) S@H phone specials, (b) %-off sales
at retail chains, (c) repeatable [not one-of-kind] FOTW's, and (d) coupon
awareness?

Good-deals?? It's not A word but it is broader, but restrictive enough
(I thought of "deals" but that might be taken as a place to describe
deals gone bad, etc..)

Let's take the opposite of that, then -- bad deals.  People want to talk
about bad deals too.  Rip-offs and disgusting pricing practices.

So what are all the things that people want to talk about in terms of the
larger picture of "value shopping"?

   (a) good deals:  sales, promotions, coupon offers

   (b) bad deals:  warnings to others (z.B., "FAOS is overpriced")

and occasionally

   (c) so-so deals -- nothing really special in terms of price, but
       something special in terms of availability -- like some old set
       reappearing somewhere

Basically, anything out of the ordinary, right?

--Todd