 Administrative / General / 698
Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 16:16:22 GMT

Todd Lehman wrote:
<moderated technical difficulties>

This is your server and you have the source. Why do it the conventional
way? Instead of mailing the proposed article, save it on the server.
Moderator then periodically uses the web interface to approve articles
for posting. You fudge stuff on the article to get it to post correctly
with the headers filled out right. If you want to mail a "you have an
article to review, here's the URL" to the moderator (perhaps allow them
to set an option) that would help.

Advantage is that you write the code once, then ANYONE can be a
moderator without them needing to install special stuff. And as the
whole system evolves away from a patently "news" appearing interface to
LUGNET release XVI.a you don't have to have people install new stuff.

You know you need stuff similar to this anyway for your long term goal
of having other
people mark information as a certain level of validity.

Hmm?

- This is a family newsgroup, thanks.