 Administrative / General / 709
Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 03:53:27 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
However, actual moderating may simply be overkill.  If the intent is simply
to let Mike (and only Mike) post to the group, then there's something simple
that I can add at the server end of things which doesn't make extra work for
Mike.  It could simply reject any messages not coming from Mike (using the
'From:' line rather than the 'Approved:' line).  In practice, there probably
wouldn't be too many rejected messages if Mike always sets the
'Followup-To:' header to another group -- only people trying to start new
threads would get an error message.

I've re-read this a few times trying to come up with a lengthy
response, but I'm really just too busy and tired right now to try to
help make a decision like this.

Basically, I'll do what you (collectively if it is to be a
group-hashed out thing) think is best.  I'll post to .announce and
.buy-sell-trade tomorrow unless there are objections.  I'll check
first, too.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET