 Administrative / General / 665
Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 18:11:08 GMT

cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com (Mike Stanley) writes:

Just wondering - should I post them to .announce with followup's set
to .general, post to .general, both, or maybe even .buy-sale-trade?

I'd say .market.buy-sell-trade -- not the .announce group and probably not
the .general group -- because the market.* hierarchy was really intended as
the place for that sort of thing (selling and things related to selling).

Still, the advantage of the .announce group is that people could get it via
e-mail nicely (.announce is the second-most popular group to get via e-mail
for those who do the News-by-Mail thing).  But a disadvantage of .announce
is that it's going to be pure noise for non-U.S. people and it may encourage
additional market noise in the .announce group.

Maybe it deserves its own newsgroup -- lugnet.market.lsahs -- whereby people
could easily receive it via e-mail each Monday morning.

So, I'd suggest either