 Administrative / General / 670
Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 1998 00:54:32 GMT

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote:
Still, the advantage of the .announce group is that people could get it via
e-mail nicely (.announce is the second-most popular group to get via e-mail
for those who do the News-by-Mail thing).  But a disadvantage of .announce
is that it's going to be pure noise for non-U.S. people and it may encourage
additional market noise in the .announce group.

Hrmmm, not so sure it would be pure noise for non-U.S. people.  I
think the US S@H specials can help to foster the formation of trading
partnerships among all the world's Legomaniacs.

"Hey, I'm in the UK and I saw this was on special - how about I trade
you $xx.xx worth of these UK-only sets for an equivalent amount of
this set on special?"

Maybe it deserves its own newsgroup -- lugnet.market.lsahs -- whereby people
could easily receive it via e-mail each Monday morning.

Hrmmm..... maybe, maybe.

So, I'd suggest either