 Administrative / General / 691
Re: Proper place to post US S@H Phone Specials
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Fri, 1 Jan 1999 18:18:38 GMT

lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

Maybe it deserves its own newsgroup -- lugnet.market.lsahs -- whereby
people
could easily receive it via e-mail each Monday morning.

I would not like to see posts to the <lugnet.loc.us>, keeping that group
free for national discussions (if we ever have any).  I much prefer
giving these announcements their own unique news group.

I would even probably subscribe to the "News-by-Mail thing", just to get
the announcements in a timely manner.  (And to remind me to check and
see what is available on that week.)  If these are in a separate news
group, I can route the messages to work, so I can check them every
Monday morning when I arrive.

I'd rather not see the messages posted to
<lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade>, just to keep the recurring posts from
clogging the News group.  (I'm not going to complain if the messages do
appear in <lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade>, I'm not going to seriously
defend this concept.)  Of course, follow ups should be set to
<lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade>.

TODD:  If we make a new news group, can it be made read only for
everyone except for the administrator and Mike Stanley?  This would keep
the listings clean and allow going back for history.

lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman) wrote:

I think as long as
it's clear that the S@H specials list is a regular, weekly posting (which
is
evident from the date ranges in the subject line) and that it's an
independent informational posting for the benefit of fellow enthusiasts (as
opposed to someone pushing their own stuff in the .announce group)

All of these reasons also support giving the weekly postings their own
news group!

Just my two cents here.  I'm sure whatever is finally decided, it will
be fine.

Gary
GaryLouie@EarthLink.Net

Gary