 Administrative / General / 1661
Re: All UK Groups subscribed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 10:15:09 GMT

Taking just a small part of Todd's post...

On Thu, 13 May 1999 06:24:16 GMT, lehman@javanet.com (Todd Lehman)
wrote:

[snip]

[Pardon me for the apparent harsh tone -- it's not actually harsh -- what
follows is a very serious question, not a wise-crack...]

How could someone possibly find a tiny local group and manage to post to it,
yet not realise that there is a main UK group?  How could someone thereby
come to the false impression that there is no UK LEGO community?

[snip]

I fully imagine that someone will eventually work out that
lugnet.loc.uk is the place to be, but it can take time.  When I first
got here I think I subscribed to the what I thought was a group local
to me and the England group, only to find them devoid of regular
traffic.  I don't think I even bothered with the UK group, thinking it
just a top level hierachy.  Time has taught me otherwise :-)

IMHO we would be best of killing all the sub-groups leaving just
lugnet.loc.uk and then possibly re-creating some of them in the future
should the need arise (I don't think it will but I'm only 1 out of 58
milliion Britains).  Reduces the risk of confusion and makes the whole
hierachy easier to navigate.

Just my 2p worth.

Neil.