 Local / United Kingdom / 685
Re: All UK Groups subscribed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 22:03:18 GMT

On Thu, 13 May 1999 07:39:26 GMT, Todd Lehman uttered the following
profundities...

Technically, you did break a rule of the LUGNET Terms of Use.  But I think
it's obvious to everyone here that you had no malicious intentions; your
actions were with decent and innocent intentions.

Quite true. There was no malicious intent. But knee-jerk reactions, bad
results.

You did somewhere comment on how many posts. There was an attempt to do
it all at once, but it failed. It was only 10 or so, multiple cross-post.

One thing which made me feel really, really bad, was when someone mentioned
the possibility of e-mail subscription, and I felt an even bigger
idiot.

We should talk (openly, here) about how to come up with a clean solution to
the problem of people not finding the loc.uk group (if indeed that is the
problem).

--Todd

One group for each county, country, (count Channel Islands and IOM
as a country), and major city, such as Manchester, Edinburgh, etc.
2 for London, 1 north, 1 for south. (Thames as a natural barrier).
Any more localised groups can be quite easily covered by a
county group. This would reduce it from 83? to about 30 or so?
richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net remove nospam.(lugnet excepted)
Web Site:   http://freespace.virgin.net/richard.dee/lego.html
ICQ 13177071                  AOL Instant Messenger: RJD88888
For the best Lego news, visit:    http://www.lugnet.com/news/
Need instructions for a model?       http://www.kl.net/scans/