 Local / United Kingdom / 706
Re: All UK Groups subscribed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 02:55:07 GMT

Sanjay D'Souza wrote:

I think it's disgusting how many foreigners there are in a newsgroup
dedicated to the Best of British.    Maybe there should be a
Lugnet.loc.uk.foreigners newsgroup set up?

Pardon me for imposing when I do not reside in the UK (hubby is UK transplanted
to Michigan USA though - does that qualify?).

My lugnet history - I lurked around before subscribing around February.  I
originally read the posts in the various cities around me, and those users
decided to post to the loc.us.mi.grr group for all cities nearby - for the same
reason loc.uk is predominantly used.  When we decided to take a holiday in the
UK, I viewed the loc.uk.en.wm.bir as that's where we were going.  As there was
nothing there, I checked the heirchy (sp?).  I believe I would have done this
anyway, even if I hadn't realised from reading the loc.us.mi posts about moving
to loc.us.mi.grr .
I agree with Todd's Master Plan in keeping the local groups for future use.  I
especially like:http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/as it shows the number of messages
in each uk group - newbies & foreigners will see where the most action is.

Hope my 2p/2 cents helps, even if I'm a foreigner (& Todd shows amazing insight
to the way American's view geography here in the states in his post on Fri., 14
May *).

* - Please note, our roads are straight, making travelling time faster than UK
roads (discounting round-abouts) that forever bend, even if said UK roads are
appealing to travel on!

Pam