 Local / United Kingdom / 704
Re: What little loc groups are best for
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 02:04:51 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, simon.robinson1@tesco.net (Simon Robinson) writes:
[...]  The thought that there would be simply never crossed my mind.

Simon,
Any thoughts on how the introductory postings could be improved?  Here's how
message #1 starts for (just to pick one at random) Dover, Kent, England:

--Todd

Welcome to lugnet.loc.uk.en.kt.dov, a LUGNET discussion group.

CHARTER/PURPOSE:

   lugnet.loc.uk.en.kt.dov (group):
      Dover, Kent, England.

   lugnet.loc.uk.en (group and hierarchy):
      England, U.K.

   lugnet.loc.uk (group and hierarchy):
      United Kingdom (U.K.).

   lugnet.loc.* (hierarchy):
      General-purpose discussion groups for specific localities around the
      world: events, social gatherings, swap-meets, fests, tours, shopping
      excursions, local user group meetings, etc.

OTHER GROUPS:

   For complete information about this discussion group server, including
   a full listing of discussion groups and their purposes, point your web
   browser here:  http://www.lugnet.com/news/