 Local / United Kingdom / 717
Re: All UK Groups subscribed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 19:58:00 GMT

Pamela Fryer wrote:
Pardon me for imposing when I do not reside in the UK (hubby is UK transplanted
to Michigan USA though - does that qualify?).

Do you fall in the 107% time (Formula 1 based gag)?

My lugnet history - I lurked around before subscribing around February.  I
originally read the posts in the various cities around me, and those users
decided to post to the loc.us.mi.grr group for all cities nearby - for the same
reason loc.uk is predominantly used.  When we decided to take a holiday in the
UK, I viewed the loc.uk.en.wm.bir as that's where we were going.  As there was
nothing there, I checked the heirchy (sp?).  I believe I would have done this
anyway, even if I hadn't realised from reading the loc.us.mi posts about moving
to loc.us.mi.grr .

Well there lies the problem we have here - I'm based near Birmingham
BTW.

I agree with Todd's Master Plan in keeping the local groups for future use.  I
especially like:http://www.lugnet.com/loc/uk/as it shows the number of messages
in each uk group - newbies & foreigners will see where the most action is.

I don't know really but the opinion of many people on this group is for
the zero-policy and have no sub-groups.

Hope my 2p/2 cents helps, even if I'm a foreigner (& Todd shows amazing insight
to the way American's view geography here in the states in his post on Fri., 14
May *).
* - Please note, our roads are straight, making travelling time faster than UK
roads (discounting round-abouts) that forever bend, even if said UK roads are
appealing to travel on!

Well our roads have to go around where people own land as much as
possible also the M1 Motorway is very straight - unfortunately people
fell asleep driving on them so bends are deliberately put in to keep the
concentration - in England you are always heading somewhere.  At least
it's 70mph on every motorway.

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170