 Local / United Kingdom / 675
Re: All UK Groups subscribed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 06:24:16 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, carbon60@bigfoot.com (Carbon 60) writes:
2)  I don't want newbies going to local groups seeing that no-one posts
there and therefore thinking that there is no UK LEGO Community and not
using the local groups. [...]

[Pardon me for the apparent harsh tone -- it's not actually harsh -- what
follows is a very serious question, not a wise-crack...]

How could someone possibly find a tiny local group and manage to post to it,
yet not realise that there is a main UK group?  How could someone thereby
come to the false impression that there is no UK LEGO community?

If this question has any answer other than "it's not possible," then we have
a problem that needs to be solved with some careful thought, so let's first
figure out why/how they would miss seeing the main UK group and then let's
figure out how to help them find it -- while at the same time making sure
that they understand it's still OK to post to a tiny loc group if that's the
most appropriate place.

Keep in mind, all messages do not necessarily have to be read/noticed by
everyone.  Those people who truly feel like they have to read all 250+
messages a day which fly through this system are encouraged to subscribe via
e-mail to any/all groups that they don't read directly via NNTP -- it really
works quite wonderfully.

--Todd