 Local / United Kingdom / 716
Re: All UK Groups subscribed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Mon, 17 May 1999 19:53:43 GMT

Sanjay D'Souza wrote:
;-)
I think it's disgusting how many foreigners there are in a newsgroup
dedicated to the Best of British.    Maybe there should be a
Lugnet.loc.uk.foreigners newsgroup set up?

Kinda defeats the objective of a local group really :-) It'll be a bit
like RTL.

This will allow the true Brits (and those of us who'd like to be considered
a true Brit) to talk about important things like Premier Soccer, the Queen
Mother and Bentleys while downing pints of warm beer.
Sanjay "stranded in that lonely colonial outpost called New Zealand" D'Souza

That's watching Premiership Football with a pint down the pub - warm
beer - ugh!  A nice cold pint of Carling or WorTHIMGton (it's a man
THING).

You have got to here some of the stereotypes people believe about us
Brits - just watching American shows with their special England episode
is enough.  Apparently we have a posh accent have BT Telephone boxes on
every corner and ancient red London buses everywhere.

Well it ain't like that my friend!  It's a war of words.

--
Carbon 60
ICQ # 5643170