 Local / United Kingdom / 678
Re: All UK Groups subscribed?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 13 May 1999 07:39:26 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, richard.dee@virgin.net (Richard Dee) writes:
On Wed, 12 May 1999 18:02:29 GMT, Richard Dee uttered the following
profundities...
On Wed, 12 May 1999 17:57:22 GMT, Richard Dee uttered the following
profundities...
Who's got all the loc.uk.* groups subscribed?

If so would it be possible to send a message to all of them like
this:

Done, though now I get to download it 150 times, and Todd
might not be to pleased with it!

I tried to cancel those that did get through, but rejected.
But that statement above says it all. I though it *could*
have been wrong, and should therefor not have done it, but
did it anyway. If you feel that as a result, you should like
to curtail, restrict, or prohibit my posting, I would abide
by that. I can but humbly apologise.

Technically, you did break a rule of the LUGNET Terms of Use.  But I think
it's obvious to everyone here that you had no malicious intentions; your
actions were with decent and innocent intentions.

I wrote a script to go through and cancel all of the following excessively-
posted articles:

lugnet.loc.uk.ci:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en:57
lugnet.loc.uk.en.av.bri:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.bf.lut:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.bk.rea:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.bk.win:5
lugnet.loc.uk.en.bm.ayl:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.ca.cam:7
lugnet.loc.uk.en.ch.che:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.cl.mid:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.co.tro:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.cu.car:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.db.dby:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.dm.dur:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.dt.bmp:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.dv.exe:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.dv.ply:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.dv.tby:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.ex.chf:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.fn.nor:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.fs.ips:5
lugnet.loc.uk.en.gc.glc:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.ha.shp:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.ht.ste:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.hu.kuh:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.hw.wor:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.iw.new:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.kt.dov:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.kt.roc:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.la.pre:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.le.lei:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.li.bos:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.li.lin:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.lo.lon:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.ma.man:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.ms.liv:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.nh.nth:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.nt.not:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.nu.ash:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.ox.oxf:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.sh.shw:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.so.tau:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.st.sot:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.su.kin:5
lugnet.loc.uk.en.tw.nut:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.wi.sal:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.wi.swi:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.wi.swi:4
lugnet.loc.uk.en.wm.bir:7
lugnet.loc.uk.en.wm.cov:4
lugnet.loc.uk.en.ww.lea:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.xe.bri:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.xw.chi:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.yn.yor:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.ys.shf:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.yw.bra:3
lugnet.loc.uk.en.yw.lee:3
lugnet.loc.uk.im:3
lugnet.loc.uk.ni:3
lugnet.loc.uk.ni.bel:3
lugnet.loc.uk.ni.der:3
lugnet.loc.uk.sc:6
lugnet.loc.uk.sc.bo.haw:5
lugnet.loc.uk.sc.ce.sti:3
lugnet.loc.uk.sc.dg.dfs:3
lugnet.loc.uk.sc.fi.gle:3
lugnet.loc.uk.sc.gr.abd:3
lugnet.loc.uk.sc.hi.inv:3
lugnet.loc.uk.sc.lo.edb:10
lugnet.loc.uk.sc.oi.kkw:3
lugnet.loc.uk.sc.sc.glw:4
lugnet.loc.uk.sc.si.ler:3
lugnet.loc.uk.sc.ty.dun:3
lugnet.loc.uk.sc.ty.dun:4
lugnet.loc.uk.sc.wi.stw:3
lugnet.loc.uk.wl:7
lugnet.loc.uk.wl.cd.wre:5
lugnet.loc.uk.wl.dd.car:3
lugnet.loc.uk.wl.gd.cae:3
lugnet.loc.uk.wl.gt.new:3
lugnet.loc.uk.wl.mg.rho:3
lugnet.loc.uk.wl.pw.ldw:3
lugnet.loc.uk.wl.sg.cdf:3
lugnet.loc.uk.wl.wg.swa:3

We should talk (openly, here) about how to come up with a clean solution to
the problem of people not finding the loc.uk group (if indeed that is the
problem).

--Todd