 Administrative / General / 1378
Re: lugnet.cad hierarhcy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 07:22:12 GMT

On Wed, 14 Apr 1999 22:11:53 GMT, "John VanZwieten"
<john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote:

Hmm.  It may take a while for me to warm up to this setup.  I actually like
having the discussion of models/parts separate from the cad.dat group.  When I
hear people raving about a model I might find interesting, then I'm motivated
to check it out on cad.dat.  If a discussion about a part starts up, its nice
that people other than part authors join the discussion, maybe to make a point
about numbering systems, desired part quality, etc.  I think it's important to
have our programmers see what kinds of issues come up related to parts, but
they probably don't check most of the actual .dat posts (just guessing here,
feel free to set me straight.)

Yep, that's pretty much where I'm at.  Especially since I use my newsreader
for scanning the groups, and I hop over to the web interface specifically
to look at the postings in lugnet.cad.dat.

Other than mixing DAT's with discussion, I'm pretty keen on the
lugnet.cad.ld stuff.

When do I get a lugnet.cad.ld.sw.ldao group? ;)

Steve