  *92232 (-100)
  Re: Space stations?

(...) Say Tom? Is your space station powered by those new spamcake fusion fuel cells that NASA Is developing ? <g> John (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) you hear what they stand for. Z (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Rack-and-pinion steering line tracker

(...) If you have the Space Shuttle kit, it includes a gear-box that changes gears and some switches that change between forward, reverse and off polarity. Either could be used with a bumper to control the steering motor of a rack and pinion system. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic Box #2

(...) Awesome, thanks! Joel (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: ldraw reference

(...) First off, I am not at mad at Tom, I have nothing against Tom, I'm not trying to put him down. It is just that I(as well as Tim C) wish that things such as this, which are obviously meant to be a personal message, not be posted publicly and (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: It's Time AFOL Take Action!

(...) Sorry, Ian, but the situation is beyond our control. TLG probably just thinks of AFOLs as just another small, insignificant group of customers. Chances are, they don't see us as people so much as they see us as numbers. We'll just have to wait (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Accessory Color Question

Hello. I am wondering what all colors magic wands and jewels come in. For magic wands I have white and trans-red. I know that other colors are available in the medieval-themed Belville sets, but I don't know what they are. As for jewels, I have (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: ldraw reference

(...) In lugnet.cad.dev, Ryan Dennett replys to Tom by venting the following: (...) I thought that LUGNET was "...primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and exchanging, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: FREEBIE: "The Ultimate LEGO book" from DK

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000 04:15:36 GMT, "Richard Franks" <spontificus@__nospa...yahoo.com> wrote: <nitpick> (...) Technically, Sinterklaas and Father Christmas are different traditions. Though I do believe the name "Santa Claus" originates with the Dutch (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.fun.community)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) Butt-ugly eh? :) I hope I provide more inspiration for newsgroup fodder for years to come! (And he's only seen 4 out of dozens of configurations.) And BTW, when referring to ugliness, some folks might not be able to take it, so using "IMO" in (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Voice Recognition

Hello all, I have a project upcoming that would benefit from speech recognition. I have seen the voice direct by Interactive Speech and was thinking of integrating it into my robot. If anyone has had any success (or failure) with this product or any (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: News on the 2000 space line!

(...) Now that it is year 2000, perhaps you could ask what that big "secret line" really was. Probably just more SW. Z (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Part 30358: SW Landspeeder Engine

(...) Is this part complete enough to just wack a needs work tag on it and submit it? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) Perhaps you are. I'm talking about LEGO brand building bricks, and the constructions we can make from them, not about whatever it is you are talking about. If you want me to take you seriously, take The LEGO Company and their rights seriously, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  WTT: Clearance sets

I'm interested in trading some extra clearance sets for other clearance sets that I didn't find in my area. Trade value would be based on original MSRP, e.g. a $30 5958 Mummy's Tomb would trade 1-to-1 for a $30 7151 Sith Interceptor (although I (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: RCX-IR Tower Communication

I downloaded that already. I confess I didn't explore all possibilities yet but sending messages to the RCX seens to be one of the limitations. I'm aware of the commands you mentioned but I'm not sure if they will work if the RCX moves out of range (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) Remember: We're talking about LEGOS here, and therefore coolness is more important than realism. Z (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  The Weeks box round two - who wants in?

Hi all, The Weeks box is getting ready to go out after sitting on it and thinking for two months. If you want to see it (even if you've already sent me email - because I've lost them) reply to this note with the general area in which you live. I'm (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

I'd jump on that idea in a sec! Christopher Weeks wrote: (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: subassemblies

Ever since I read Fred's article, I've had thoughts in the back of my head about this sort of thing. I would love to see this done and/or be involved in doing it. If only there were time.... <sigh> - Greg (...) G. Crisp - gcrisp@mindspring.com (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) Form follows function, baby, and something that does the thing it is intended to do, and does it well and efficiently, is a thing of beauty, as beauty follows form. At least that's MY aesthetic opinion. (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: What's a fair price for 4532/4537/4539s?

If you can scrape up a few grey windows you can build decent cars from the engine parts of a second set. I built one using blue framed town windows and while it wasn't GREAT, it looks OK. (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: The Gate of the Present Circular Loan? (Not EXACTLY a Jambalaya)

(...) What would it take to get the English one in circular loan? I'll transfer $40 from my x.com account into Jeremy's as a deposit. When I send the book on, the person I send it to could transfer $40 from theirs into mine. Etcetera. When the book (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Re: NFPA article

(...) Everything I say is hearsay that I am repeating and I will not attribute the source. As I understand it, the LIC has a storage area which is, essentially, under the store. This storage area is connected to the loading docks at the south side (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Outlet in Georgia

Glad you scored! I too noticed the Pirates and Islanders stuff, but I'm not really in to those series, so I passed. My big score yesterday was mainly technic, plus I picked up the last 5561 they had for $60. I had been coveting this set for a while, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Rack-and-pinion steering line tracker

(...) One of my first bots was a R&P steered car that drove around randomly and used a front bumper to escape trouble (what I really wanted was a rotation sensor to detect stalls, but they haven't arrived yet!). The obstacle avoidance algorithm was (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: subassemblies

(...) As a reasonable starting point, check out Fred Martin's "Art of LEGO Design" ftp://cherupakha.med...oflego.pdf (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Non-LEGO firing cannons in Beatties for £2

A little bit off-topic, but if you enjoy LEGO Pirates, then you'll probably enjoy these too. They're about twice the size of LEGO cannons, come with 3 figure targets, 24 cannon balls and have a range of about 12 feet (in air - they tend to roll for (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: random post

(...) ah yes. the method is case sensitive. (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: random post

(...) Analyses: Snip the whole pagesfull of quotes: I've got it. (...) GET gets headers, get doesn't. Ach. Jasper (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish)

  Re: No new space sets?

(...) optimistic about (at least the potential) of the Lego Company right now. (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Shut out at Target!

Mike Walsh wrote in message ... (...) Target, (...) I just scored a 5600 RC car for 19.94, regular price is 79.99. Yipee!!! This is the only model team set I was missing, but I have been too cheap to pay full price for it. The box was not marked (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) But think about how you'd build a _real_ space station. Wouldn't a modular design make sense? I understand where you're coming from on the ugliness point. Modular designs tend to look very functional and mechanical. (But that can have it's own (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: No new space sets?

(...) It's not a stupid question. To find out who Brad is, and more about LEGO Direct, I'd suggest starting here: (URL) WOOHOO! ;) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: No new space sets?

(...) Check out the lugnet.dear-lego section. Start here: (URL) Matthew Miller ---> mattdm@mattdm.org Quotes 'R' Us ---> (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: No new space sets?

(...) Good, now I can stop getting ripped off by part trades! Z (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: No new space sets?

(...) Okay, what's his address? Snail or e-mail, I don't care which one [why do I get the idea I'm asking a really stupid question?]. Z (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Profile editing question

Todd, I recently received my LUGNET package (*love* the magnet) and was happy that I would finally be able to correct my member page which lists my state as Hawaii instead of Florida. However, there seems to be no place in the EDIT PROFILE page to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.people)

  Re: No new space sets?

(...) Definitely; that's what I do. (...) You can. There are a few SW-specific bits (including the minifigs, of course) but the vast majority are generic space parts. (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) My space stations are either built like cities, like a big solid battlestation [kinda like the Death Star, but without that kind of mass [duh]], or in platforms, like the top section of an oil rig. But, I usually just do battlecarriers instead (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  RE: Rack-and-pinion steering line tracker

I too spent quite some time trying to build a steering mechanism from standard Mindstorms parts. After many rebuilds I still wasn't quite satisfied. The final version actually worked pretty well, but was much too bulky (not as bulky as Doug's (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Prefabs (was Re: Another take on the dacta castle set)

(...) That should say: Versatile within the set of "things that are castle walls", you mean? (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NFPA article

(...) Larry (or anyone else who can pipe up with info) could you recap what happened? I thought, from what little I remember about the post, that it was a "offstage" (non public) area that had the fire, and as was above, the smoke did the damage. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sale Prices

(...) I (...) Some from eBay or trading, but mostly from multiple copies of 6097 Night Lord's Castle. Actually, I did a quick count when I got home to make sure my numbers weren't out to lunch, and I underestimated, for the most part. (~170 grey and (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NFPA article

(...) Journal, (...) sprinkler (...) prote (...) I'd be more worried about the fire in the first place, than the fact that your lego produces smoke. We are talking about a mall here, one with 30K people inside it, so they have to worry about little (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  LegOS Setup

  Re: No new space sets?

(...) I agree totally. Its hard to take these terribly emotional inquisitive posts seriously anyways. Much less a whole barrage of them. -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: No new space sets?

(...) You could stop whining and look at auctions or pages which sell pieces. Just a thought, you don't have to use it. Sure, Star Wars is a good product. And Space is a really cool theme to have around. I'm dissappointed that they aren't making it (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Rack-and-pinion steering line tracker

(...) Somewhat unrelated, but does that truck have a tight enough turning radius to actually make the corner? I tried to build a car that could do this and follow the edge of the RoboSports test pad (would you believe I have mispaced the RIS pad?!) (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) Nonetheless, the modular stuff is structurally weaker, and UGLIER than that which is designed as one. I don't ever build modular stations, due to such things. Z (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Preview of New Fortress: The Gryphon's Nest

Hey! I haven't had time to get any really good shots, but I did finish my fortress tonight (while watching Goodfellas and Holy Grail - to keep me busy;) Here is a sneak preview: (URL) will try to have better shots later on. This is Verneer's home. (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Space stations?

(...) Nah, I'm a modular junkie myself. They can be bigger modules, but still modules. I like spindly things sticking off of a central hub, or central hubs. My sketches (I haven't had the time/energy to LDraw or build them) are just that. Like, the (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  2000 LEGO at Lloyd Center TRU

There's a pretty paltry selection of older stuff there; although I did see a couple of 6097 Fright Knight castles there. The 2000 goods were just the small stuff that's available all over the place. (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.or)

  Re: RCX speaks ?

(...) If there's an external source of interrupts that you can drive quickly enough you could generate the noise from the interrupt handler and store the samples remotely. Does the IR port generate interrupts? Or you could build a "sensor" that (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Advent Calendars $5.02 at Mt View Walmart...

I was in there as the lady was repricing toys, and she said she repriced them to $9.96 yesterday. I told her, yeah, I checked yesterday, but I was waiting for them to hit $5 so I could buy 20. She said, "How many??" "20" "Hold on, I'll reprice (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: No new space sets?

(...) problem with SW is that it doesn't have sufficient amounts of transparent stuff. It barely has any at all! I can see how I could get enough opaque stuff [except for red. Where do I get good parts in that color?] So how do I get my favorite (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: unofficial 8448 Supercar II Owners Club

(...) sorry forgot the URL (URL) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  unofficial 8448 Supercar II Owners Club

Posted some pictures of my 8448. Its a V12 mid-engined variant (sort of Ferrari F50) though I would kick off a 'owners club' theme. I know some of you have 8448s. Any pictures of your models? Any variants or custom jobs, etc? Will post more and (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  RE: RCX speaks ?

Hi, I was planning on porting speak over to legOS, but unfortunately, with 32K, it doesnt leave much room to have the phonemes in memory let along a few of them. Each .au file is about 3-4K some bigger. Anyone else have any ideas??? Ram (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Castle Pieces - Fright Knight and Royal Knight

We just added over 1500 new pieces to the Nugator Company ((URL) They are all from castle sets, primerialy Fright Knight and Royal Knight periods. We have also finished uploading all the images of Town and Castle Mini-Figures. Jason M Normand The (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Bulk Sale Prices

(...) You said a mouthful, Tony! Tyco made windowless walls which are actually pretty cool. But unlike Tyco walls, the walls should have the cut out corners of Lego walls to retain the strength of building in that staggered brick, or interlocking, (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: No new space sets?

(...) Perhaps RTL started it; someone posts a message, which is misread, etc. BTW, I totally disapprove Insectoids, Rock Raiders, and Arctic. They suck! Star Wars is far more promising, as it's one of the few unjuniorized themes, according to posted (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: No new space sets?

(...) Insectoids was running out the 2 year period. Spaceoprt is not space. Rock raiders is not space. The restriction sepcially restricts "spaceships" such as those found in the true space themes. -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: History of LEGO Windows...revisited

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Gary Istok (<38764639.1C68D50F@umich.edu>) wrote at 20:02:01 (...) Ahh. Happy memories. I could visualise each of these as I read. I had them all. In red and white ABS. With and without sills. In fact I can remember the point at (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: NFPA article

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Kevin Wilson (<387667A8.F7EA45BB@...erve.com>) wrote at 22:24:40 (...) Probably. If you're the worrying type. ABS contains styrene, which has at least one aromatic ring. These are generally quite carcinogenic, apart from anything (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Sale Prices

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Jeff Stembel (<FnzEGt.Ex1@lugnet.com>) wrote at 20:05:17 (...) Hey, bricks *and* wall sections would be nice. But only if they introduce another section that *doesn't* have a window in it. (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Do you build sets you buy for parts?

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000, Mike Reed (<38765204.9B2D0A65@...nces.com>) wrote at 20:52:21 (...) I guess I'm just a crazy, mixed up AFOL. I buy sets because they are cool as sets. But then I take them apart, and add them to the pile. Boxes and instructions (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Any customised 8448's?

(...) I have posted some initial pictures of this now (URL) to come regards lawrence (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bulk Sale Prices

(...) 50 dk grey??? Where did you get those??? -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: dragster race

Marco, non intendevo tarpare la tua vena inventiva con il limite dei 30 cm. Intendevo semplicemente salvaguardare i miei serramenti...... ;-) Mi spiego. Credo siamo tutti d'accordo sul fatto che, indipendentemente dalla lunghezza e dalla forma del (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Bulk Sale Prices

(...) Don't forget yellow, for the pirate guys. And the corner walls. And mabie some patterns (Stickers???) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Never Got DYA Package

(...) week (...) that (...) Dec (...) Just got my LARGE DYA package today. Other than the USPS being a bit careless, all arrived OK. Eric (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: 2 Motors -> 1 axle

(...) It's true that using the differential provides a kind of niftyness. And that can be an important feature of Lego models, even if you're not actually gaining anything. (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  8448 - Super Street Sensation

8448 - Super Street Sensation Individual elements = 177 Total pieces = 1435 Total Piece Count = 1435 Individual Element Count = 177 Box Piece Count = 1408 Cnt Part# Color Name, Description --- ----- ---...--- ---...--- 3 32140 Black angle beam, [4 x (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.db.inv)

  FS: 8880 Super Car, $135 shipped in the US

I've still gotten no firm offers for my 8880 Super Car that I'm selling. I'm asking $135 for the set, insured shipping included to anywhere in the 48 continental states (US states except Alaska and Hawaii). This is an older set that's getting very (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Rack-and-pinion steering line tracker

I spent a _lot_ of time trying to get a non-sensored R&P steering system to work, using pulleys, rubber bands (both as drives and springs), and you-name-it! I finally gave up, but did manage to build one with only _one_ sensor that was very (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What's a fair price for 4532/4537/4539s?

(...) Can't - as I noted, I didn't get anywhere near what I ordered, and I have previous trades (including a 4558, but I want two) that dip into what little I have. I really need to keep the club cars if I am to have any decent sized Metroliner at (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Balancing Bots

(...) No, p is the position, q is the angle. The dots indicate differentiation, so p' is the velocity, p'' is the acceleration, q' is the angular velocity and q'' the angular acceleration. (...) You're welcome Jacob (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Instructions for 371-1972 and 1550

I have now uploaded these 3 sets to the ftp. I hope I succeeded. I cant see the dir :-) -- Djelle alias Mogens Sørensen ___...___ E-mail - Home: Djelle@Get2Net.dk ICQ: 38701158 (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.db.scans)

  Re: Motor output multiplexing

The Pitsco catalog I just received has the micromotor, with housing bits and the pulley connector as item D775119. They're on the web at www.pitsco-legodacta-store.com. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: 2 Motors -> 1 axle

If the two motors are supplied with similar electrical power, and there is any real work to be done, then the two motors will not "fight" each other. They will each contribute their part to get the work done. There is no need for any fancy (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  New meaning for "factory sealed"

Check out: (URL) a new meaning for "factory sealed". Frank (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Rack-and-pinion steering line tracker

I'm trying to get the 8479 Truck following (the edge of) a line. It drives around the whole room, except it doesn't follow the line (RIS 1.5 Test Pad). Is it possible to build a rack-and-pinion steering controlled by the RCX without using a sensor (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Stickers in Shell sets??

I was wondering... This morning I found some small Shell sets (the 25xx series). When opening some, I noticed a small red round sticker with the set # in the box. E.g. set number 2538 is the fourth set in the series, and the sticker has a big 4 on (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Review 7124 - Flash Speeder

(...) I don't remember where I first read or heard it. I'm not near my home library right now, and I may have heard it at some presentation or another. A quick search on the web for confirmation yielded this: (URL) PBS's "Nova" pages. Not a primary (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Mandtal (blank formular)

Jacob Sparre Andersen <sparre@sys-323.risoe.dk> wrote in message news:F6HE2r.Gq5@lugnet.com... (...) Ja det er godt nok. Men hvordan sletter man sin artikel? -- Med venlig hilsen Djelle alias Mogens Sørensen ___...___ E-mail - Home: (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.dk)

  Re: More: Walmart LEGO Suprise and Adventure!

(...) I found the Sphynx sets today at Walmart and picked up 3. I couldn't believe the price compared to what else they had. Rob +---...---+ | Rob Farver - rfarver@rcn.com | | (URL) | | (URL) | +---...---+ (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 8880 Super Car $165 - Animated ad. (inc shipping to the USA/Canada)

The set is MISB (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Ordering pieces might be possible for you too!!

Gary Istok <gistok@umich.edu> schreef in berichtnieuws 387607C2.511534DE@umich.edu... (...) not (...) able to (...) Hi Gary, (...) favor? Yes, I did ask that question, but she told me they've always been doing this, so it's absolutely not a favor (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  FA: various parts, adventurer items...

(URL) a few days left.... EugweCoral (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  8880 Super Car $165 - Animated ad. (inc shipping to the USA/Canada)

8880 Super Car $165 (inc shipping to the USA) See this set move at: (URL) Stills at (URL) 8 large shock absorbers, technic chain links, 4 wheel steering mechanism, 4 position gear box parts. I now only have 3 of these left out of the 20+ I once had. (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: What pirate ship mast pieces are there?

Jonathan Wilson wrote in message <38741568.9868A537@x...il.com>... (...) 5976 River Expedition has a short mast base, and the tall thin mast piece. Frank (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Is something wrong with eBay?

I was looking at the correct page from my bookmarks, the one you have below. After a while, it began showing current auctions again...then reverted back to December auctions for a while...then went back to current auctions again. -- Paul Davidson (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: 2 Motors -> 1 axle

(...) I might try that to see, but as I said in the other post, that differential force will still be there, which offends my sensibilities :-) Still, it'd be worth a try to find out. Dave Johnson (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Do you build sets you buy for parts?

I *only* build the set. I haven't built a MOC in years. I just love the way the sets look. I buy them, build them, let them sit around for awhile, then tear them down and build some of the older ones I may have. I keep all the instructions in (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: What a bunch of minifigs

(...) I definitely count Droids as actual figs, because they all have personalities, it would seem. (Ok, things become a bit complicated when we consider "bad" droids such as Battle Droids and those in the service of the Empire [which we have not (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  <eBay> 4539,4544,2150,Pirate, & more!

I have a number of items up on eBay including: 1843 Space/Castle Value Pack 2150 Retrostation 4539 Level Crossing 4544 Car Transport Wagon 6232 Skeleton Crew 6244 Armada Sentry 6248 Volcano Island 6254 Rocky Reef 8456 Fiber Optic Multi Set And more! (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: 2 Motors -> 1 axle

(...) I absolutely agree with that: better mechanics would prevent the skipping teeth problem. (...) I'm not convinced of that, at least not yet. It seeems to me that if there was enough differential force to skip teeth AT ALL, then even if I force (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Review 7124 - Flash Speeder

(...) Building off of what James said, in the video edition of ANH - SE, in the little intro where they tell some of the differences in the two editions, somebody (it may have even been Lucas, himself) says what James wrote above about vaseline on (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: dragster race

(...) Daccordo su tutto. Credo che la lunghezza limite di Carlo serva per prevenire sensori di luce allungati chissa` dove durante la corsa per prevenire il nastro di fine gara. A proposito, la lunghezza limite e` considerata alla partenza e (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

Skipped 22 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact