 Robotics / 9844
9843  |  9845
Subject:
Rack-and-pinion steering line tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 23:53:23 GMT

I'm trying to get the 8479 Truck following (the edge of) a line.  It drives
around the whole room, except it doesn't follow the line (RIS 1.5 Test
Pad).  Is it possible to build a rack-and-pinion steering controlled by the
RCX without using a sensor input?  I let the steering motor return to the
center after each steering action when a certain light value (37, the one
measured at the edge of the line) is reached.  The motor steers, but
sometimes doesn't return to the center, although the edge is being crossed.

I'm using RCX code to program the steeringbecause I just downloaded nqc nd
I'm still learning.

Has anyone built such a thing without using one or more sensor inputs?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Simon