 Robotics / 9852
Re: Rack-and-pinion steering line tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2000 07:56:16 GMT

Simon Bogaert wrote:

I'm trying to get the 8479 Truck following (the edge of) a line.

Somewhat unrelated, but does that truck have a tight enough turning
radius to actually make the corner? I tried to build a car that could do
this and follow the edge of the RoboSports test pad (would you believe I
have mispaced the RIS pad?!) and I could not get the turning radius
tight enough. Mind you it wasn't rack & pinion steering ... and I did
use a sensor to detect center.

alex