 Robotics / 10197
Re: Rack-and-pinion steering line tracker
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:57:35 GMT

Simon Bogaert wrote:

I'm trying to get the 8479 Truck following (the edge of) a line.

Somewhat unrelated, but does that truck have a tight enough turning
radius to actually make the corner?

I don't think so, but the goal is to let the truck follow a line that it can
follow (turns that are wide enough and so on) and take up the tires it
encounters.  At the end of the line it should sound a beep to request the
emptying of its contianer (the switch to do this should be turned on
manually).  i don't have the line yet, so for now on, I'm using the test
pad.

Mind you it wasn't rack & pinion steering.

What was it?

Kind regards,

Simon