 Trains / 3513
Re: What's a fair price for 4532/4537/4539s?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 00:02:01 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

My 2 centavos.

Tom Stangl wrote:

What I am considering:

4539 - $65
4532 - $60

This strikes me as skewed. The older crossing is now rarer and is worth
much (30-50%??) more than the newer one.

4537 - $45

A tad high. My 4536s ended up averaging around 47 each across all of
them. I personally (and I KNOW that others did trade 1:1) would maybe
consider a trade fo 2 4537s for one 4536, despite the fact that I have
only 4 or 5 of the tanks and still have 20 of the hoppers. That tank is
relatively not as good.

I dunno why you don't just auction them off, though.

NOTE - I will trade 2 of the 4537s for 4536s, and I'll trade anything above
towards a complete 4558 (dreaming).

I have a complete 4558, used, that I would trade for the right
combination, send me an offer. Needs to include a club car though.

Can't - as I noted, I didn't get anywhere near what I ordered, and I have
previous trades (including a 4558, but I want two) that dip into what little I
have.  I really need to keep the club cars if I am to have any decent sized
Metroliner at all (the stock train is silly - ONE car??).