 CAD / Development / 3588
Re: ldraw reference
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 03:50:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Daren Stevens writes:

I thought that LUGNET was "...primarily for the benefit of those who enjoy
building with, discussing, collecting, buying & selling, trading, and
exchanging, information about LEGO® brand toys."*  Exchanging information may
at some point allow and even encourage personal conversation between two users
in a specified group (As I see it as long as it is relevant to the group
subject). If Tom was asking Tim what he was doing Friday night in posts to the
Lugnet.cad.dev group - you might have a point.  I think that Tom's inquiry of
Tim is quite legitamite as other users might be concerned of the status of the
"huge chunk of ldraw reference html" that was sent.

I am quite concerned.  tim what gives dude?  where be it at?

and as far as the CAPS in a simple correspondence between two people (of
which you are neither) are concerned, if that bothers you - you must lead a
very hard life...

* You should refer to the 'Terms of Use' at http://www.lugnet.com/admin/terms/
for further reference.

First off, I am not at mad at Tom, I have nothing against Tom, I'm not trying
to put him down. It is just that I(as well as Tim C) wish that things such as
this, which are obviously meant to be a personal message, not be posted
publicly and send needless messages to Lugnet. In this case other users aren't
going to be concerned about the "huge chunk of ldraw reference html" because we
have not a clue what it is(unless I've missed something).
As far as the CAPS thing goes, I don't care if someone does not Capitalize
words, except for a person's name. I see that as a lack of respect. I'm not
saying one person should be respected more than another; I respect you just as
much as I respect Tom, even though I don't know you.

Tom, if I appeared to jump on you, I appologize, but I still feel that messages
such as this be sent directly to Tim. And even if you are to post it to Lugnet,
for something such as this, it would be better to go to dev/org/ldraw since it
is referring to the Ldraw.org website. Also you've been a big help to the site,
so I hear from Tim, and you do deserve thanks for that, so THANKS :)

To all a good night.
Ryan