 Robotics / 9850
RE: RCX speaks ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 00:45:02 GMT

Hi,

I was planning on porting speak over to legOS, but unfortunately, with 32K,
it doesnt leave much room to have the phonemes in memory let along a few of
them.  Each .au file is about 3-4K some bigger.  Anyone else have any
ideas???

Ram

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Matthew Miller
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2000 4:50 PM
To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: RCX speaks ?

Jean-claude havaux <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to use tone in RCX to create •  artificial
voice ».
Browsing on the net, I did not find correspondence between phonema and • tone.
I would like to introduce in my programs some expressions related to
variable values ( a little bit like a “furby-lego”).

I'm not sure if LegOS yet gives you raw control over the speaker. You'd
certainly need at least that. You wouldn't be able to use the
standard-firmware based systems (RCX Code, NQC, RoboLab), for sure.

Even with LegOS, there's the issue of not having much room for samples in
32k....