 Robotics / 9858
Re: RCX-IR Tower Communication
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 04:06:28 GMT

I downloaded that already. I confess I didn't explore all possibilities yet
but sending messages to the RCX seens to be one of the limitations.

I'm aware of the commands you mentioned but I'm not sure if they will work
if the RCX moves out of range them comes back. Although I can read a lot of
info with spirit, I can't interact with a running program in the RCX (eg.
change the variables). Of course, I could stop the program and download
another one. But what I really want is to instruct a program already
downloaded. Sending mesages seens to be the only way unless I can alter
variables with programs running. I believe it's possible but I didn't try
that yet.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll spent some time in the weekend to try this.

Mauro