  *87985 (-100)
  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

(...) I am in your hands Larry. I use the web interface. What should I have done? Thanks in advance, it happens that I just don't know what to do -- if not for lego I wouldn't use newsgroups at all, -- Richard (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hamilton writes: <much snippage> (...) Actually, there aren't. The "4" brown slopes in 7144 are in fact two pieces... it's the same piece that they use as the rear landing gear on the x-wing, in brown. :/ James (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Newbie's questions

Hi there, I got my first RIS kit for X-mas. (Actually, I bought it for myself after I couldn't convince my daughter to wish it for herself :-) I made my first robot last night (after my family finally went to bed), and it runs quite well (still with (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Scores???

This message is probably more towards Todd and Suzanne.......whats the deal with the ascores after the messages? I searched for a message I posted last night and when the results came up I noticed that after each there was a score, can you explain (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 8448 (era Re: tuttitubi????)

(...) Non esageriamo :-) Però non è così distante come credevo. E considerando che l'8880 non è più così facile da trovare, questa è una buona alternativa. Juda <guido.romi@bridgetec.it> : (...) Io l'ho pagata un po' meno di 200.000, però era una (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: The 1999 Holiday Lego Haul

(...) A fine haul indeed; my girlfriend gave me a Super Street Sensation (8448), Slave 1 (7144), and Battle Droid (8001). (I think she's a keeper!) Merry Christmas and happy building to all! (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: January 2000 S@H catalog

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:3867EEEB.9B00AD...ger.net... (...) Speaking of Boris, that reminds me...<off topic for those not interested> I was introduced to Boris Vallejo (after Frazetta) with the Bantam book reprints of (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Boats line

Yeah I have input on this one... Take the tente sets from the early 80's they had all this...now make them to minifig scale in Lego design and I know all us boat, ferry, tanker, airplane carrier and oceanic research center fanatics will have hours (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 8001 Battle Droid is awesome!

Whew... Glad to know I'm not the only one that bought the 8001 for the wife's x-mass present. This is my wife's 1st Technic set since she has just reciently been converted into a LEGO maniac. She loved it I loved and out 6yr old son loved smashing (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  HB died - help needed

Hi HBoarders! I have some troubles with my HB. I have set it up together with the expansion board, and it worked properly and very fine. Then once, unfortunately, the LCD, connected to the expansion board, touched one of the five motor-power diodes, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: LEGO Racers demo

Wow! The demo is finally available on the LEGO site? I d/l'd this *weeks* ago on a 3D game site... Build On! John Matthews Suzanne D. Rich <suz@baseplate.com> wrote in message news:FnFtJ0.LLw@lugnet.com... (...) available at (...) commercial: (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.games.lego.racers)

  Re: Future Wild West Possibilities

(...) love (...) I definitely agree. The western theme was excellent with great pieces, great minifigs, great color schemes and overall truly excellent overall models. The models weren't even juniorized, even though there were some BURPs (cough, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.western)

  LEGO Racers demo

A downloadable demo (12.7 MB) of the PC version of LEGO Racers is available at (URL) The download actually comes from developer High- voltage software's site where there's a summary, reviews and a US TV commercial: (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.games.lego.racers, lugnet.general)

  8001 Battle Droid is awesome!

My wife got me the new 8001 Battle Droid for xmas. (URL) you like StarWars EP1 and/or Technic, you must build this set! It folds up just like in the movie, then at a touch of a button it springs up to a 12 inch tall battle droid. It is simply (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic)

  Lego je OK! ;)

Musim ti rict je jsem moc rad ze jsi se tu objevil. Byl jsem rad kdyz jsem poprve objevil na internetu ostatni "dospely" ;) lidi ktery sbiraji lego. Ale ty jsi prvni clovek od nas ktery se zajima o lego. To je super! :) Mimochodem, co rikas (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.sk)

  Re: Sme tu dvaja. (Re: Nejsi tu sam! (Bylo: Re: To som tu sam ?))

(...) Ano to je pravda, byly pekne. Ja ovsem nemel penize na zadny jiny sstavebnice a chtel to novy superauto, nakladak 5571, to starsi superauto 8880 atd. ;) Kvuli tomu jsem musel prodat pul ty piratsky sbirky. No a naco vlastnit polovicni sbirku? (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.sk)

  Re: Prices

To make it even worse, these sets are currently on clearance at Target in the states! 7171 @ US$54 4990 @ US$48 Troy Richard Schuit <richuit@itfusion.com.au> wrote in message news:FnEC3H.EsA@lugnet.com... (...) Target (...) Headquarters. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Town 2000?

In article <FIFp9J.Asr@lugnet.com>, sds87@hotmail.com says... (...) As long as I'm dreaming, I'll vote for something like the Dacta people set, only with 70's or 80's minifigs. I've got oodles of racers (who doesn't?) and dudes in blue coveralls; (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.town)

  Re: P.S. :-)

(...) okuliarmi. ;)) (...) Hezky fotky ;) Je to na slovensku nebo jste nekde na rekreaci? Kdo jsou ty ostatni lidi v tech obrazcich a v jakym meste vlastne bydlis? Pokusim se oskenovat svoje foto jestli nejake najdu! Myslim si ze jsem byl naposledy (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.cz)

  Flying Ninja Fortress $59.00 @ Walmart

Was at one of the local walmarts today and they had 6093 flying ninja fortress on sale for $59. There were not any other Lego sets on sale, and they had about 30 of these. On a side note, they had over 50 of the Mos Espa Pod Racer sets at full (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Dobrodruznici

(...) ma (...) firma (...) (okna (...) vidis, (...) To je zajimavy. Fright Knights hrad z roku 1997 taky mel v sobe Fabuland soucastky. Bylo to samozrejmne koste jezibaby a velky hrnec ze kteryho se shazovaly kameny a lila horka tekutina na (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.sk)

  Connecting DIMM-PC to PCMCIA?

Hello all! I am considering going "whole hog" (as we say in Georgia) and replacing my RCX Brick with a DIMM-PC (www.jumptec.com) on my current project. In order to communicate with the DIMM-PC, I would liked to use a wireless ethernet PCMCIA card. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Missing LUGNET membership packet?

I'm number 59 and received my packet just before Christmas. It was very nice of Todd to include all those goodies: Fridge magnet, Bookmarks, Stickers, and of course the membership card. Thanks Todd! =Hari= Tim Rueger wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.people)

  I have a handy board and a memory problem

I have installed the memory and am on the test where i try to download a program and start up the handy board..... (have it calculate 1+2;) The pcode and everything install properly but when i cycle the power, i get nothing, no beep, and the LCD is (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Pascal as language for programming a RCX-module

(...) There is an open source version of Pascal available, but porting it to the H8 (the brick's processor) would not be a trivial matter. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) Check www.target.com They had both of these sets listed at $30 and were in stock as of yesterday. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Advent set at Target

(...) I grabbed 2 of these at the clearance price of $11.90 from the Target on 28th street in GR. I haven't decided whether to use them for parts or to save them for next year and give them to some of my friend's children... The Targets back here in (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) I got mine from the 6115 Shark Scout. They also come in the 2161 Aqua Dozer and the 2162 Hydro Reef Wrecker. I'm pretty sure ... Like you said - that is the perfect "boyish" full of energy, ready to kick some serious butt look. Personally, I (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Thanks to all who voted.

I'd just like to thank everyone who voted my site to become the "Cool Lego Site of The Week" once again and to those who didn't vote but sent me feedback about it. I hope everyone enjoyed the fortress as much as I did putting it together even though (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Advent Calendar Fun is back

I finally got time to organize all the Advent Calendar photos. It was hard to come up with creative models with just 6-8 pieces, but it was fun! Thanks to Thomas Main for the idea and starting it all! Please smile if you enjoy the photos. :o) (URL) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.build)

  Re: Prices

I find that by the time you allow for the exchange rate ( $1 NZ = 50c US ) and the cost of airmail that there is hardly any difference. I only get non NZ sets from the USA. (...) Allan J Smith (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Oh no - there is no one else from Rockford!

(...) Yeah. I had talked to him a little more after we met him at the Toy Connection a few months back. I was going to borrow the company's supply of bricks in the area for an event at my church for kids. I couldn't get the bricks cause a store was (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.rfd, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: Jsou tu 2 lidi! (Bylo: Re: Je tu nekdo?)

(...) Tady je Corvette povazovano za nejlepsi sportovni auto pro lidi ktery si nemuzou dovolit ty opravdovy sportovni auta jako ferrari, lamborghini, etc. Ferrari tady stoji asi milion dolaru. Lamborghini asi 250.000 Taky jsem videl lamborghini jet (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.cz)

  Re: Artwork

(...) bram ~ this really is magnificent work! so few artists today realize the importance of working from life, it's refreshing to see, and it really shows in these pieces. your aproach is very fresh and imaginative (~imagine that from a lego fan!) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Oh no - there is no one else from Rockford!

tim@zacktron.com (Tim Courtney) wrote in <4.2.0.58.1999122722...comm.com>: (...) That's me... Anyone else want to uncloak? (...) Former?? (...) -r'm (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.rfd, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) ~ah! i was looking at the second pic of the tree, and the angle was throwing me off... there _are_ four steep (3 high) brown slopes (what i thought those were) in the #7144 ~slave1 set, and i want some for tree building along these lines! ~big (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Boston Transit Fun

Over the holidays, I did my usual spend a day shopping in Boston, and did some transit riding. I wish I had brought along my camera though. One station which is very much worth a visit with a camera is Boylston on the Green Line. There is some MOW (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Oh no - there is no one else from Rockford!

(...) Cool! (...) All of these are close relatively. (...) Cool, thanks Todd! I'd like to see more activity in the Chicago area - its pretty lonely out here. -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 Her name is Lisa Church? Is her sister Rent A. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.rfd, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: Brad: A way for almost ANY piece to be sold...

Where do I apply for this job? I have a sabbatical coming! Seriously, this is a darn good idea. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Oh no - there is no one else from Rockford!

(...) Maybe most people are shy or lurking, but I think there are actually quite a few. For example, just counting the people who've bid in AucZILLA auctions, there are 44 people in Illinois, and 8 in Chicago proper. And there must actually be many, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.rfd, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) Wow. I got lucky at the Maple and Haggerty Target--two 6455 Space Simulation Stations and three Com-Link Cruisers. I'm pretty much sated for the next couple of days, although I'd love more of those inverted windshields if I can find them! :) (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.mi.det)

  For Sale: Mindstorms RIS 1.5 $160 inc. shp.

I've got some Lego Mindstorms Robotics Invention Systems 1.5 for sale. My price is $160, and that includes shipping (inside continental US). These are for straight sale only; this is not an auction. First come, first serve. Mark Koesel (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Brad: A way for almost ANY piece to be sold...

I have posted this in th epast, but since I don't know how long Brad & co. have been reading, I do so again... Why not hire one or two promising high school students out of good ol' Enfield High, and make them apprentices in the model department? (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Lego S&H Specials & shipping

(...) extra? (...) Thanks, Jeff. I called again today and the nice lady on the phone said that it was a mistake to charge shipping. The guy on the phone last night sounded like he had the flu and was tired. Things like that can happen sometimes :) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Slim pickings everwhere

From a profitable sales prospective, the idea of moving product from store to store would seem to work. And if used, would definitely increase the revenue of each participating outlet. From a paperwork or tracking prospecive, it could become as (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Oh no - there is no one else from Rockford!

(...) Yeah, AFAIK we're the only Chicago maniacs, save Lou Zucaro, the former manager of Pause, who is in Schaumburg. Mike Perri was getting a Chicago/Milwaukee club organized, and a possible fest late January. Still, if you'd like to arrange a (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.il.rfd, lugnet.loc.us.il)

  Re: Slim pickings everwhere (Was: Slim Pickings at Target)

Which goes back to what I was saying in the first place, everyone is trying to predict the future and not dealing with what actually happens. No inventory balancing. If Mos Espas sell out in one store, and the store 50 miles away can't move them at (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Dobrodruznici

(...) No ja som prave 5988 nechcel. Stale ho mozem mat, lebo ho predavaju, ale nepaci sa mi na nom to, ze sa sklada z 2 casti. A ked si to postavis ako to ma byt, tak tu zadnu cast vobec nevidno. Ale ten nakladak tam je super ! (...) Pavuky ? Teraz (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.sk)

  Re: We have a Tuesday Morning in GR.

(...) LEGO usually sells quite fast, so you'll have to be there the day the store reopens. There are a billion TM in South Florida, and I remember the gold old days when they carried very old Town and Model Team sets. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr)

  Re: Sme tu dvaja. (Re: Nejsi tu sam! (Bylo: Re: To som tu sam ?))

(...) Hmmm.... to bola aj skoda predat ! Piratske serie boli velmi pekne ! Hlavne lode. mam doma jednu piratsku lod, ale je trocha vylepsena. nie je to radova lod, aka sa predavala, ale podobna jednej z nich. Dostal som totiz z Nemecka krabicu plnu (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.sk)

  Re: Jsou tu 2 lidi! (Bylo: Re: Je tu nekdo?)

(...) To nie je len u nas, akoze v Cechach a na Slovensku, ale v celej Europe v podstate. V Europe je palivo dost drahe. Pretoze tu nie je nikde ropna krajina. V Europe sa nikde netazi ropa v takom mnozstve, aby sme si mohli dovolit mat lacny (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.cz)

  Where is the site now?

Does anybody know where Carl's amazing homepage (CLSOTW #105 Nov 1-7 98') is located now? Thanks. Erin -- (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.faq)

  Adventurers Set #5978 on Clearance

At our local Wal-Mart (South Carolina), we purchased the Adventurers Set #5978 on clearance for $13.00. Is that a good deal? Not many other good deals there. We did get the Advent Calendars on clearance at TRU for 50% off so I think they rang up at (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  General Gripe

Is it just me, or does it seem that the games were developed by a bunch of different companies that didn't bother to test their games against each other, didn't bother to use a common set of installed drivers, and didn't bother to get the look and (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.games)

  Re: Loading Lego Loco

(...) Sure. Try posting this question in the lugnet.games.lego.loco newsgroup. This group is for discussion of Computer Aided Design and folks here may or may not be able to help you. If they did, they'd be off topic. Questions about the Game, Lego (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

Hi all, Just got back from Target, not much left and not much on sale. But Target is the only local store in my area (Clearwater, FL) with LEGO Sets for a sale price. SW 7171 - $54.?? (I did not get this one. They only had one badly smash set) SW (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.fl)

  Track Plan Repository

Hey all, Using Matt Bates' Track Designer at (URL) possible to come up with all sorts of track plans. Has anyone formed a repository to collect such plans so you can see what others have created? Is this something Perhaps Lugnet or some other (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  awfully quiet here.

Subject says it all. I guess everyone is off building giant spaceships. Or maybe somethins wrong with my newsreader. Hmmm... Palmer. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.space)

  Legosub Remote Controlled underwater robot

I found this really cool project called Legosub when surfing the Mindstorms site! It appears someone took a Divers submarine and outfitted it with some Mindstorms equipment as well as some high-tech gadgets like a live camera, laser, propulsion (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.aquazone)

  We have a Tuesday Morning in GR.

FYI I am not sure when it opened but I just noticed one in Eastbrook mall. If anyone wanted confirmation that Eastbrook is dying, here's one more clue for you. I have been in several TMs (in CO and MN, notably) and have yet to find any Lego, though. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr)

  Re: Slim pickings everwhere (Was: Slim Pickings at Target)

Of course, the other snafu is that existing forecasting software works by the SKU, on products that are available over a period long enough to amass a statistical base. This kind of blows the system for new products, which is basically the scenario (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

Hi, We bought an unopenend Lego Loco at a discount store and I can't get it to load on the computer. Install shield comes on, runs for awhile, shutsdown and then my computer runs super slow until I reboot. Any ideas or suggestions for me to try. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Interactive C and P-code

Hi all, I have just startded using a Handy Board. In the technical specification it says "IC compiles into P-code, which is then interpreted by the run-time machine language" 1. What exactly is p-code. i mean the format etc.? 2. Is C and assembler (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: nicd & rcx

(...) qualita' (...) Ammazza! Ma ti paga davvero tanto la Sanyo ;-)))) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Idea per ELF. Riassunto.

(...) Già tutto ideato come tu dici. In + il software del maestro, dato il totale dei coristi, dividerà per area centrale, destra e sinistra. Tutto ciò con una semplice operazione di div intera. (tra l'altro questo tuo messaggio mi ha ridimensionato (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: 8448 (era Re: tuttitubi????)

Per curiosità, quanto costa l'8448? (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: P.S. :-)

(...) Skoda ze nemas nikde foto. Celkom som na Teba zvedavy. ;))) Horsie ako ja vyzerat nemoze nikto, takze si myslim, ze sa nemas za co hambit. ;) No... a mna vidiet mozes... zial... (URL) fotke cislo 4 a 5 myslim som. Proste som ten s tymi (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.cz)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) I think that's the chainwide price for these (subject to local option). I cleaned out my local store of these, 5 cents a piece is not too shabby for a parts assortment that includes several trans 2x2 medium slopes. (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  New ldraw.org Feature Article - BFC Extensions

I just updated the ldraw.org Feature Article to a short BFC Extensions teaser by Jacob. Also, all future Feature Articles will appear at (URL) and the past articles will be archived there as well. -Tim (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

(...) This afternoon at Target Bridgepointe (San Mateo, CA), I found several Advent calendars marked down to $11.90, a few 5978s at $26.90, and one 5533 at $29.90 No other Lego was marked down. Paul Sinasohn (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf)

  Re: So.. are we doing it?

(...) Jeremy or Jeff: Please call me at work at 972-580-4012 if anything is going to happen... Thanks - Hope to hear from somebody Daren (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.us.tx.dfw)

  Re: Mindstorms Wishlist

(...) Y'think? I'm not saying I've tried it, but I seem to remember posts from some of the electronics experts saying they thought there was circuitry to deal with a wide range of inputs.... (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) Thanks! Well ... I'll have to be honest - that's just a piece of the wooden furniture (if we are both referring to the same pieces). Sorry - that WOULD be cool to build though (although a bit useless in that setting, but cool non-the less). -- (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) Wow! That is an awesome page! I'm hoping to get a digital camera or a nice scanner simply so that I can do something like it. :) I don't have any comments about the layout, though I do agree with the suggestion that you place the text at the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  firmware upload with NQC...

i posted this to message to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, but maybe it'll get a response here. :-) first off, i'm using NQC with Linux. when i try to upload the firmware image from the MindStorms CD-ROM, i get the following: [kjs@localhost (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Slim Pickings at Target

West Michigan fared no better. The first Target I stopped at in Kalamazoo had 4 or 5 clearance sets left on the shelves. The second Target store had a bit more: a MindStorms Robotics Discovery Set (bought it even though I just got one before (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

(...) pawel ~ ~! what great characters! i love the elementals! your scenes are wonderfully put together and the tree in the forest of illusions is amazing!! (what is it made of that looks like brown steep slopes, btw?) it took a while to load, but (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: comincio a sbirciare

(...) Devo dire che sono proprio soddisfatto , oggi , la prima giornata di utilizzo del RIS ho fatto un po' di training con le varie sfide e mi hanno dato una discreta soddisfazione per quanto banalotte.Ora cerchero' di darmi da fare per fare (...) (25 years ago, 28-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: The complete list of Duplo Animals?

(...) Is the old sheep the same as the new? I actually don't have any sheep. (I am waiting for 3 to arrive) But in the picture of set 2655, they look "squarer" than the newer sheep at least in the photo. Do you have both types? (...) Neither do I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: I got a defective part!

I got my first defective part a few weeks ago. It was a 12 or 16 stud beam with a little excess ABS on one side. Not very critical for me since I already had a bunch of the same piece. Not too bad. One defective part out of thousands. Fred. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Amount spent - LEGO code update (Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?_

(...) Yes. Must have been a transmission error since I never make misteaks. (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  RE: Pascal as language for programming a RCX-module

(...) See (URL) for a MazeWalker done in pbForth.... Cheers, Ralph Hempel - P.Eng ---...--- Check out pbFORTH for LEGO Mindstorms at: (URL) ---...--- Reply to: rhempel at bmts dot com ---...--- (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

Richard, please learn how to cross post, if you would. You've started this thread, or a very similar one, in more than one group. It's far better to post one post to several groups. Thanks. Cross posting is easy no matter whether you are using the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Pasenger cars

Hi, I posted some pictures of my new passenger cars on my home page. Two (equal ones) are in white/red/blue (idee from our Belgian railroad) and one in green (old style passenger car) witch uses the small clear blue windows from the 4560/4561 set. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amount spent - LEGO code update (Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?_

(...) Agreed. (...) NOT agreed. If we don't complain, they won't know that they "have a problem". As I've stated before, I will respect TLC's wishes, but I certainly WON'T agree with them. Posting info to their website, linked or not, means it's (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  FA (eBay) Silver Tub, Technic, Non-US Adventurers

Ends Tonight: 223992730: Lego Technic 8735 Power Pack Motor Set 1 Bid at: $25.00 Auction ends on: Dec-27-99, 20:24:41 PST (URL) Lego Adventurers 5905/5906 (Achu) Non-US Sets 1 Bid at: $10.00 Auction ends on: Dec-27-99, 20:31:12 PST (URL) Lego (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Amount spent - LEGO code update (Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?_

(...) c/Carrey/Carney since I'm assuming you mean the guy with the fantastic! castles... :) James (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Hiawatha

(...) Better than most of your work and almost all the way up to Mediocre? (1) 1 - that's not one word but hey, neither is "looking like..." (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Amount spent - LEGO code update (Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?_

Snippets: (...) You seem to have me confused with the person who originally challenged you, Wayne, as I had no argument with you. (...) Sorry - I guess I didn't make my point clear - I wanted to lampoon the idea that was used to attack you - that we (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: January 2000 S@H catalog

(...) Chicks in Chainmail, Boris Vallejo, and all that? :-) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Amount spent - LEGO code update (Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?_

(...) I think your opinion is serious and I think Mark may have come off a bit harsh and knee jerkish. Further, as someone who is in the top decile, if not in the top 1%, of AFOLs, when ranked by amount spent, I think that the amount you spend is (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Brick.tube evolution?

(...) The Ultimate LEGO Book (DK Publishing, 1999) contains a "timeline" of the evolution of the LEGO brick. The first plastic LEGO bricks, introduced in 1949, although resembling modern bricks with the studs on top, had slots on the sides of the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

(...) I have all three of those as well, and I'll agree, they could be more, but I like them. My only problem with 6095 is that it's at the wrong price point. (2 less pieces=10 more bucks?!?!?) (...) You seem to be assuming that this piece will (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Amount spent - LEGO code update (Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?_

(...) I chose to use Wayne's response as a launching point for my reply because, while defending himself against an attack, he wound up inadvertantly validating the concept of the attack, which was (paraphrased) "go away and come back when you've (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Bulk Pieces suggestions

Another hypothetical implementation of bulk sales could have online databases showing the factory production schedules of what pieces, with deadlines for ordering so you could get pieces quickly. Also, an ordering database could allow group members (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

My previous note about the text and picture arrangement only applies to the big pictures (i.e. the first one) ... the rest is quite easy to read. Again, very neat! -- Paul Davidson Pawel Nazarewicz <verneer@utk.edu> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Invasion of Strombrachter Page

I'm just getting into this, it looks really neat! (a lot like something I want to do in the future) Format-wise, maybe the text should be beside the picture instead of underneath. I can't read it and look at the picture at the same time, which is a (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: New Castle Sucks (so far...)

Sounds like they're trying discourage kids from making their own creations by making new pieces as useless and incompatible with previous Lego as possible. -- Paul Davidson Richard Marchetti <BlueOfNoon@aol.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: 8448 (era Re: tuttitubi????)

Mario Ferrari <mario.ferrari@edis.it> wrote in message FnEoDI.EDn@lugnet.com... (...) di (...) a (...) :-) (...) Così positivo da sostituire la 8880 nei tuoi kit preferiti?? -- LEg GOdt :-) Domenico (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: Pascal as language for programming a RCX-module

If you use Pascal for Windows (Delphi) you can use the spirit.ocx driver that comes with the CD. If you use Pascal for DOS you'll have to do your own interfacing, which isn't very difficult. Just take a look at the pages 'dos' and 'cracking' in the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.robotics)

Skipped 10 messages in groups lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact